Castle Hill And Hills District 2011 Show Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone gotten their certificates, ribbons, whatever ? I received my sponsor prize for category win, but no results or shit to hang on the wall.

I also have a question about a mates win.He placed third (I think) and will be getting some liquid yeast. Problem is he's out in the desert for a couple of weeks... surely it's not going to be posted is it ? If so I will have to keep an eagle eye on his mailbox so I can get it refrigerated fr him. O maybe Stuster you could hold off on sending if I give you his name via PM

You are in luck. I was thinking about posting out the yeasts today but decided that was madness with the likelihood they would be sitting in a post office over the long weekend. So drop me a PM and let me know how long to wait on that yeast. It certainly will be posted. Any other way of getting it to the 8 winners of yeast? :huh:

Sheets etc should have been posted out this week but Heather at the show will work through the posting at her own speed. (You should know that she is a volunteer and deals with all the craft sections - she works really hard on it for much of the year.) She did say she would get them out this week but I'm sure it won't be much longer. So be patient, it's coming. :rolleyes:

Too late for this year, but I was taking to Dave Gumm today, and he said that in prior comps, Whitelabs issued vouchers, and winners would redeem them for vials at his store, then WL would deduct the value from his next order invoice.

Will PM you now with mate's name.

So now I've got together final results and prizes for all those who placed.

Score sheets will be sent out next week from the show people (Heather) along with certificates for those who placed. AFAIK, you'll get show ribbons at this point also.

Well done to all who entered. We got a lot of very good beers this year, with a good standard overall. Also, great to see all the new judges and stewards this year. Thanks to all the judges especially for all the work they put in over the weekend (stewards get the easy job. :icon_drunk: ).

View attachment 48524

Hi all, just wondering if any feedback was sent out to entries (tasting notes, judging notes etc) as I would love to get feedback on the beers I entered. I havent received anything yet.
Bubba

I haven't received certificate & feedback either, and a mate who placed second also hasn't gotten his either.

But alas, as stuster mentioned, the bird sending out the stuff is a volunteer, so I suppose her time management is her business. We should just be patient I suppose :unsure:

I havnt recieved my feedback sheets either........ BUT, I just got back from a few days away and my next door neighbour handed over a box of goodies delivered last week, prize for 1st in Wheats and hybrids cat.

Awesome prize, thanks again to Stu and the other organisers, and a big thanks to Hunter Brewing Co.

Cheers

IMG_1134_1_.JPG

Great prize there, Matt. Nice one by the Hunter people.

Feedback sheets were sent out on Tuesday and yeast prizes were sent out yesterday. So all should be received by the end of the week. Please let me know if you haven't received anything by then.

Any other people got their prizes yet?

All received?

Yep, cheers mate. The judging notes are (in my opinion) far more informative than the recent state comp.

Funny to see Barry's handwriting diminish, probably as the day goes on, and the beers go down. Im sure at one stage he's describing my beer as having 'slinky spacepants'. :icon_cheers:

So, just asking and all, no ribbons for 1st placegetters ?

Hmm, in previous years there were ribbons but they were sent out when the show itself happened (Easter time). I was told the ribbons were going to be sent out with the sheets etc this year. Did you get printed certificates though?

yep. Got the certificate with the feedback sheets.

A mate got 2nd or 3rd place, no ribbon for him either, just results & certificate

No biggie I guess, I just wanted to pin it to my chest when I went to church this Sunday.

Yup, got both my yeast and certificates/score sheets yesterday.

Thanks Stu.

Got my scoresheets, yeast, hops, & golf ball through the week.
Thanks again Stu & all.

Got my results last week. I was pretty impressed with the notes - the flaws the judges picked up on in some of my entries was pretty spot on.
Cheers guys.

Could anybody who has got some photos of the judging day or anything else connected with this comp get in touch with me. The show people are hoping to get some photos together to add to the exhibit for the show itself. TIA.

Latest posts

Back