Cashews And Bacon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emdub

Reaction score
For medical reasons, I can't eat Cashews. I love (or used to love) Cashews.
I presume it's totally possible to get a Cashew flavour into a beer by simply steeping a bag of em. No salt, of course, although I like 'em salted.
Have never done more than a kit plus some additives but wondered about Cashews.

Also, while I'm here, I was wondering about Bacon. I also like Bacon. Putting meat into a brew dosen't sound like the right thing to do but you can get flavourings, bacon bits come to mind, there is even a company that makes artificial flavourings of all kinds.

So.. how would adding Cashews to a brew go? And what about Bacon?
Not about to do this now but might in the future. Whadayarekon?

smokey beers remind me of bacon, make a rauchbier!

For medical reasons, I can't eat Cashews. I love (or used to love) Cashews.
I presume it's totally possible to get a Cashew flavour into a beer by simply steeping a bag of em. No salt, of course, although I like 'em salted.
Have never done more than a kit plus some additives but wondered about Cashews.

Also, while I'm here, I was wondering about Bacon. I also like Bacon. Putting meat into a brew dosen't sound like the right thing to do but you can get flavourings, bacon bits come to mind, there is even a company that makes artificial flavourings of all kinds.

So.. how would adding Cashews to a brew go? And what about Bacon?
Not about to do this now but might in the future. Whadayarekon?

I would presume if you can't eat cashews that you can't drink a beer with cashws in them. To answer the question a bit though - people have used nuts in beer. Hazelnuts are popular.

As for bacon, I second the notion of rauchbier. Try a sherlenka rauchbier (they make a couple of varieties) and see whatt you think.

With both ingredients (nuts and bacon) you need to be careful of fats which may affect head formation/retention. Also some bacon contains sulphites which may retard yeast growth.

I dont know about chashews or bacon in beer but....
Have you tried Moo Brews Hefeweizen? For some strang reason it reminds me of mettwurst and salami when i drink it!? Thought this might intrest you being meat and beer.....

anyone else get that?

For medical reasons, can't you read? :beerbang:

get fooked,

I want to know what "medical resons" are they a fat load, do they make him swell up like a blimp, or is she having stool issues, either way Itll be a laugh.

At Bitter & Twisted 2009 the Hunter Beer Company had this offering called "Liquid Bacon".

It certainly lived up to its name. No idea of the style or a recipe though sorry.

HunterBeerCoLiquidBacon2.JPG

Latest posts

Back