Casey Stoner Is A Legand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm heading down to watch the Australian round on the 14th of oct, but i won't be riding my Ducati this time.

i'm heading down to watch the Australian round on the 14th of oct, but i won't be riding my Ducati this time.

My daughter emailed me today with the news she'll be at Phillip Island, but nothing about taking me. Haven't seen a live GP since the last ones at Eastern Creek. Watch them all on TV though.
And congratulations to Casey Stoner. Legend in the making.

I was meant to be going to PI, but can't at this point, which is very distressing :(

Dunno what your talking about mate, yes the duke is good, but cappa is a good rider, look where he is in the standings. It's more the rider, same bike, massive difference in speed, but stoner the skinny lil ******* is only 59kgs! It must just suit his style alot more.

Well done to him and to ducati, they have smashed em this year. I bet there glad they didn't sign up their first choice rider after all and had to settle on stoner lol

Good to see Rossi playing his part too :)

For those who saw the 60 minutes piece, I loved the bit where the reporter asked Rossi for his thoughts on Casey winning the MotoGP championship at just 21yrs of age, to which Rossi replied "yes at thisa time I had already wona 3 championships" GOLD!

cheers

Browndog

Yep, will be there in October, be my first GP. Going with my mate who runs MLM Cycles about six of us going. Supposedly one of the other guys knows one of the V8-Supercar drivers and Suzuki have given him 2 bikes for the weekend and a few passes to pit lane and the hospitality tent!

Could be fun!

Yeah good on Casey. We have been following him since he was the skinny little kid throwing his 125 down the road all the time. Fast, but jeez he used to crash. I remember a time when he would lead races and you knew it wouldn't last.

For those who saw the 60 minutes piece, I loved the bit where the reporter asked Rossi for his thoughts on Casey winning the MotoGP championship at just 21yrs of age, to which Rossi replied "yes at thisa time I had already wona 3 championships" GOLD!

cheers

Browndog

Unfortunatly, it is a lot easier for Euro riders to get into GP events than the Aussie riders, there are simply a lot more of them over there where it counts..

Watch out for Chris Vermilliun...he is also very fast..

And as for the crashing...Rossi did just as much when he was on 125's and 250's. That is fact...

And as for the crashing...Rossi did just as much when he was on 125's and 250's. That is fact...

I'm sure they both would have - how do you know where the edge is if you never go over it? ;)

What an awsome w/e!

Here are two pics from the day, the first is of course Stoner on the parade lap. The second is of me and Westy, he was just coming out of the pit straight shed and we were right there! He is one of the most relaxed blokes I have ever talked to!

MotoGP2007Small1.jpg

MotoGP2007Small2.jpg

Latest posts

Back