Carbonation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooza

Reaction score
hi all, i have been carbing at 300kpa for 24hrs. i have yet to split my gas line and was wondering if i could still carb at that pressure but for 2 12hr periods

Your question is a little unclear.

I presume you are force carbing your kegs?

If you force carb for 12 hours, then leave it for a period of time (say another 12 hours), I would be force carbing the for a shorter period of time, otherwise you will risk overcarbonation - as the beer has had more time to absorb the CO2.

I hope the above makes sense.

Your question is a little unclear.

I presume you are force carbing your kegs?

If you force carb for 12 hours, then leave it for a period of time (say another 12 hours), I would be force carbing the for a shorter period of time, otherwise you will risk overcarbonation - as the beer has had more time to absorb the CO2.

I hope the above makes sense.

i just hook gas up to 300kpa and leave for 24hrs then serving pressure between 70-80 kpa. i assume this is force carbing. ta it makes sense. can you drink straight away or should it be left for a bit (say24 hrs or longer?)

You can drink straight away for sure, often the carbed up keg of beer benefits from some time sitting though imo.

This article has some further good pointers:
Balancing your kegging system

I tend to hook up my kegs at serving pressure 50 - 70kPa ish, and after a week or so they are good to go.

I have also force carbed though in times of desperation though when beer supplies are low!

Latest posts

Back