Carbonation while conditiong kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronix81

Reaction score
Would there be any advantage to carbonating thru the outpost on the keg as apposed to the gas post whilst they are in a separate fridge for 4-5 weeks before going in the kegerator. I have a spare bottle and reg so was going to connect it at 10-12 psi and leave it as per normal anyway but was curious as to any advantages this could have. I'm guessing that given they will be in there for a length of time the answer is it will make no difference?

Why not just connect your spare bottle/reg to the gas post in the separate fridge? Why involve the beer post at all?

Think I've read an argument that carbonating through the beer post can drive off certain flavours and aromas. Unless there is a fault with your beer that you want to drive off I'm thinking no advantage of doing this if your carbonating at serving or near serving pressure.

No fault that i know of, tasted great. i have read about people using the beer post but i think it may have been more towards a forced carb method. Just wondering if there would be any advantage but i think i answered my own question when i said it would be in there for several weeks anyway.

Back