Carbonating Bottle Beer Without A Keg Or Priming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the above makes sense and I agree it could be very hit & miss. Easier to just go to a kegging system!.

Cheers dalpets
Yet it warranted an abusive PM, are you on meds?

Have you worked out what you want to do dalpets? I do like Phil's idea from the 1st page of this thread but if the plan is for the beer to end up in bottles then I'd go with bulk priming. If you can't be bothered bottling but want some portability then a good sized swing top bottle filled from a keg has done the job for me. If you plan on having a session then take a keg with you. The $800 I spent on my kegs is possibly the best $800 I've spent in my life.

Have you worked out what you want to do dalpets? I do like Phil's idea from the 1st page of this thread but if the plan is for the beer to end up in bottles then I'd go with bulk priming. If you can't be bothered bottling but want some portability then a good sized swing top bottle filled from a keg has done the job for me. If you plan on having a session then take a keg with you. The $800 I spent on my kegs is possibly the best $800 I've spent in my life.
I agree, hatchy, everything points to my suggestions as being unwieldy (as they say keep it simple stupid!). I guess it was my new brewer over enthusiasm. I've got the picture now & would like to go to a kegging system, but I don't really want to pay $800 for it at this time. In any event I would only want one standard keg.

For such a setup do you think I could manage it for say $400 or less?. i'm not looking for a dispenser tap in the fridge door sort of thing, just a basic 23 litre fridge setup.

Cheers
dalpets

everything points to my suggestions as being unwieldy (as they say keep it simple stupid!)
But look out anyone who might dare suggest a thing before he realises it for himself!

$400 would almost get you started.

$75 keg
$200 co2
$100 reg
$30 non return valve
$8 picnic tap
$bugger all, beer line & disconnects

I don't see much value in having 1 keg. I've got 5 & rarely have more than 2 full. I have never felt that I have too many kegs though & wouldn't want to feel like I don't have enough.

Edit: those prices are from beerbelly a couple of months ago with no shopping around at all. You may be able to get stuff cheaper but that's what I paid.

$400 would almost get you started.

$75 keg
$200 co2
$100 reg
$30 non return valve
$8 picnic tap
$bugger all, beer line & disconnects

I don't see much value in having 1 keg. I've got 5 & rarely have more than 2 full. I have never felt that I have too many kegs though & wouldn't want to feel like I don't have enough.

Edit: those prices are from beerbelly a couple of months ago with no shopping around at all. You may be able to get stuff cheaper but that's what I paid.
Thanks for that, Hatchy.

Wayne at Beerbelly would be my go to man. I guess I'm having a two way bet in wanting to be able to do both (bottle & keg) ie., to keep the fridge partly free. At the end of the day, I guess, I need to make a decision to go one way or the other, which makes the most sense. Having said that I don't consume large amounts of beer, probably my interest in all of this is rather to omit the priming step, and it makes sense also not to have to clean a collection of bottles. So for these reasons my thinking is for only one keg. I could always get more kegs down the track, if required.

dalpets

No it didn't!. You are absolutely correct, and I offered to give my apologies via PM. Will you allow me that concession by opening your PM to me to do so?.
I will not go public on this if that is your aim, for whatever reason, but I'm prepared to privately do the decent thing required, in the circumstances.

It's up to you.

Regards
dalpets
So let me get this straight, you sent me an abusive pm, put me on ignore straight away so I couldn't respond, then PM'd me twice more calling me out for posting in public, Then Pm'd me a bullshit reason (in which you never said anything about apologizing in fact you made it clear it was "the end of the road for us"). And now you want me to unblock YOU?

No. The decent thing would have to not be an unreasonable prick in the first place. Saying "I will not go public" is a crock, there was NO private discourse from me at all, it's all been public since I was blocked without a chance to reply, so you can shove that.

BTW I have you on ignore, so I guess I won't get your response. Good day sir.

Buy 1 keg and a gas bottle with a regulator and one cpbf. After your 2 weeks secondary force carb in the keg and then bottle it all with the cpbf. This way you get the benefits of having your beer force carbed and all in bottles straight away and you don't have a whole keg inthe fridge with only one beer.

You could even bottle 2+ batches in a day this way.

Do any of your friends have kegs? They could possibly let you borrow some of their equipment or maybe sell you their equipment as they have found out all the negatives of kegging and want to go back into bottling??

Cheers
Phil.

In the hope I might add something useful to this conversation.

I have a carbonation cap that can force carb a pet bottle. It is good for the odd beer or two and flat softdrink. It would take too long to carb a whole batch.

Go with Phil's suggestion above. You can both bottle and keg. Why restrict yourself to only kegging or only bottling?

Cheers,
Brad

In the hope I might add something useful to this conversation.

I have a carbonation cap that can force carb a pet bottle. It is good for the odd beer or two and flat softdrink. It would take too long to carb a whole batch.

Go with Phil's suggestion above. You can both bottle and keg. Why restrict yourself to only kegging or only bottling?

Cheers,
Brad
Thanks Brad, what you and others have said makes sense.

Cheers
dalpets

So let me get this straight, you sent me an abusive pm, put me on ignore straight away so I couldn't respond, then PM'd me twice more calling me out for posting in public, Then Pm'd me a bullshit reason (in which you never said anything about apologizing in fact you made it clear it was "the end of the road for us"). And now you want me to unblock YOU?

No. The decent thing would have to not be an unreasonable prick in the first place. Saying "I will not go public" is a crock, there was NO private discourse from me at all, it's all been public since I was blocked without a chance to reply, so you can shove that.

BTW I have you on ignore, so I guess I won't get your response. Good day sir.

Notwithstanding, my offer remains indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back