Carbonating Bottle Beer Without A Keg Or Priming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that he said in the first post that he doesn't want to set up a kegging system how is bottle priming not the easiest and most cost effective way to get bubbles in his beer?

I know one guy who primes with dry ice...

You beat me to it Phil, the above IMHO would be the easiest most cost effective to do what I believe you are trying to achieve.

Cheers Ross
Ah!, now we're cooking. Thanks guys for a sensible cost effective solution. i knew there must be a way!.

A merry Xmas to you all,

Cheers
dalpets

That's it? buying a keg was the solution to your problem of not wanting to keg? why even make us rack our brains?!

But there must be a much more complex way to do it!

Buy 1 keg and a gas bottle with a regulator and one cpbf. After your 2 weeks secondary force carb in the keg and then bottle it all with the cpbf. This way you get the benefits of having your beer force carbed and all in bottles straight away and you don't have a whole keg inthe fridge with only one beer.

You could even bottle 2+ batches in a day this way.

Do any of your friends have kegs? They could possibly let you borrow some of their equipment or maybe sell you their equipment as they have found out all the negatives of kegging and want to go back into bottling??

Cheers
Phil.

Fair enough but I daresay it would be a more involved & circuitous route than the relative simplicity of bottle priming, or better still, direct infusion from a C02 bottle.

Thanks

Fair enough but I daresay it would be a more involved & circuitous route than the relative simplicity of bottle priming, or better still, direct infusion from a C02 bottle.

Thanks

direct infusion from a co2 bottle to me is force carbing - which is what I was recommending. Direct infuse the beer with a gas bottle. then bottle that beer.

some brett brewers me included have bottled with no priming, gizmos or kegs. Horses for courses. Maybe a claussini APA or an old ale Brux. Throwing it out that it is possible to carbonate a beer without priming. An earlier mention that wasnt silly at all was bottle prior to primary finishing, a little dangerous but worth a try with say PET bottles.
Merry Xmas All.

adamski was the earlier post I mentioned. Bottle a weizen before primary finishing? why not. I dont think it would be to hard.

direct infusion from a co2 bottle to me is force carbing - which is what I was recommending. Direct infuse the beer with a gas bottle. then bottle that beer.

Given that a keg is a closed system how would forced carbing work for an open bottle?.

Also, does a formula exist for carbing a bottle ie.,that mimics the priming or kegging levels of CO2?.

You also seem to be saying, contrary to a couple of other views in this thread, that a keg is not required as an intermediate step for bottle carbonating. Or are you implying a keg is involved?. Which should be my understanding?.

Thanks

Apparently my comments upset dalpets and he has informed me that since I've never rendered ANY positive contributions to the forum/his threads, and that my sole intent on this forum is to criticise people, and that I'm the kind of person that gets gratification from publicly humiliating others, unfortunately he has hence relegated me to his ignore list.

Needless to say I am shattered, and this has made me rethink my whole view on life.

Can you taste the sarcasm? I'm not sure if this guy is blind or just a drama queen, but I'm leaning towards the latter. Anyone else get a stupid PM along these lines?. BTW I would have sent a PM but the thought of trying to be forced to defend myself via PM's from baseless allegations pissed me right off (also the fact I'm apparently on perma ignore).

Apparently my comments upset dalpets and he has informed me that since I've never rendered ANY positive contributions to the forum/his threads, and that my sole intent on this forum is to criticise people, and that I'm the kind of person that gets gratification from publicly humiliating others, unfortunately he has hence relegated me to his ignore list.

Needless to say I am shattered, and this has made me rethink my whole view on life.

Can you taste the sarcasm? I'm not sure if this guy is blind or just a drama queen, but I'm leaning towards the latter. Anyone else get a stupid PM along these lines?. BTW I would have sent a PM but the thought of trying to be forced to defend myself via PM's from baseless allegations pissed me right off (also the fact I'm apparently on perma ignore).
careful felten... don't get too negative or Admin will delete the thread...

Sorry if it's offensive, but I'm a little peeved at receiving baseless attacks via PM from someone I've genuinely attempted to help on numerous occasions.

edit: dalpets since you're ignoring my PM's now , I'll have to post this here as there probably won't be a chance to elsewhere (turn away now if you don't like e-drama's). But if you want to clear up any misunderstandings on previous posts I've made on the forums then put some facts behind allegations and I'll try and clear them up, the offer is there.

mods feel free to delete if I've dragged this too offtopic.

No! YOU go back and look at all your slanted replies on the various threads. I've given you my sincere views of your modus operandi by PM. I don't need public support for my views as you appear to need it and I don't think it's appropriate, anyhow, on an open forum.

I apologize to all others on this forum for this stuff and I'm sure you're not really interested anyway (felten seems to think he can garner your sympathy) but I'm finished with this distraction and hopefully he has the sense to, as well.

Funny how your public posts differ from PM's, what happened to "as I would not take kindly to being denigrated or slandered on the open forum"

Anyway I'm done posting, as clearly you are just trying to create more drama by being a complete tosser in private. Good luck.

Oh. And here I was thinking I was special, dalpets. I am a sad panda.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if one does not want to go to a full kegging setup and wants to omit bottle priming if it is possible to force bottle carbonate brewed beer and, if it is, what equipment is available to do so.

Thanks for your input.
dalpets

Buy a brewery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back