Can You Buy Grain Already Ground?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know of a HBS that does not mill your grain if so desired?

Hey! Taking words out of context! :p

Does anyone know of a HBS that does not mill your grain if so desired?

I know northern brew in woonona have prepacked weight out bags of uncracked grain, ive never seen a full bag or a mill in his shop, so it wouldn't surprise me. that said, ive never asked or bought grain from him, since he charges about 500 billion times normal retail price for it, and the word around the campfire is that those bags have been there a loooong time.

I know northern brew in woonona have prepacked weight out bags of uncracked grain, ive never seen a full bag or a mill in his shop, so it wouldn't surprise me. that said, ive never asked or bought grain from him, since he charges about 500 billion times normal retail price for it, and the word around the campfire is that those bags have been there a loooong time.

Tis very true...

Although on one occasion I needed to swing by and pick up some roasted barley and I got asked if I needed it cracked, so they must have a mill somewhere out the back there.

Goes to show that there's a good chance most LHBS's will have a mill lurking about and will crack it for you.

Robbie

Grain and Grape in Melbourne will mill it for you. Actually, when you place your order they will ask you if you want it milled. I'm sure that other goog brewing shops are the same.

Cheers
Daniel

if only home brew shop's were all goog! we'd be all googed out in no time..!

I ground grain on request does that mean im goog two ?
Nev

As long as you don't get any bright ideas afterwards. Cause we've moved on from light bulbs to led technology, so you would end up googled sm_bawling.gif

ok, that sounded better in my head...

Back