Can I Re Carbonate?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotsdalebrewery

Reaction score
I have made a Pils and have bottled for the first time in glass ( the local HBS convinced me to switch from PET) I admit I was a bit paranoid about exploding bottles so I primed with 125g of dextrose for 19 litres.

I have had it conditioning for four days but couldnt wait to try one. It had the distinctive Tssst noise on opening but there is no carbonation and I scrubbed the bottles with a bottle brush so surely it is not contamination.

I would like to recarbonate as it taste great and is the best of the five brews i have done to date. Is there any way I can do it?

Give it time. Sometimes it has taken me 3-4 weeks for it to carbonate. If you want to speed up a couple of bottles fermenting shake them to resuspend the yeast and put it in a warm spot

Get back to us in 3 weeks should they still not be carbonated.

Will

In the colder months it will take about 3 weeks to carbonate in the bottle. Trying one after 4 days is a little early. I'm sure it will be fine after 3 weeks.

I know what you mean about not waiting to try a new brew. I always get really impatient and crack one open early and then stress because it isn't carbonated.

4 Days = :(

3 Weeks = :D

Infection = :angry:

Cheers!

Back