Calypso

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is from Hops Direct's website in the US.

On Friday, November 8th by 3 pm (PST) we will release the 2013 CALYPSO and CHINOOK pellets.
They will be available for purchase online.
Not sure if any one local has any 2012 stock. Or perhaps ask Yob if he has any plans for this hop.
Cheers

Indeed I do, however, I will be awaiting the new season stocks as well, no plans to re-stock 2012 crop of anything unless 2013 is unavailable.

It's a terrible game at around this time and my first real season cross over so Ive NFI what Im doing.. running on gut instinct and adrenalin :lol:

I quite liked the 2012 Calypso that I tried, will certainly be playing with it again.

:beerdrink:

I have never used this before I will order this soon and i would love to try this variety. Looking forward to trying the Calypso one this weekend.

I did a single hop APA with Calypso recently, 38 IBU (10 @ 60m & 28 @ cube)
The smell from the packet was amazing, I wanted to live in there Pineapple Express style !

Turned out pretty nice, I get a lot of grapefruit from it and maybe a bit of lemon & lime.
Interesting that none of the descriptors say grapefruit but it dominates for me.

Just tasting the following.

Briess Pale Ale 85%
Caramunich1 5%
JW Wheat 10%

calypso to 45IBU @ 60 minutes
Calypso 25g @ 10 min
Calypso 25g @ 0 Min
Calypso 50g dry hopped on day 7 for 5 days.

Rather delicious mixed bag of tropical fruit and a little hint of pear.

Latest posts

Back