Calling Canberra People - I Need Your Advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christmasbender

Reaction score
hi everyone

i need to ask for some assistance. i'm going to be heading up to canberra in september (i know, i like to plan ahead) and i was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to stay which is stumbling distance from the wig & pen? i've never been to canberra before but have tasted wig & pen brews at the local spectapular and the anhc and thought they were delicious.

will be up there with a couple of mates so if you happen to know of a house or 3br accommodation of some sort (even a good backpackers) so long as it's close to the wig & pen.

also, if you happen to know any good novelty (possibly a 'little person'**) strippers, let me know too

slinte

christmasbender

**not quite sure if this is the pc term but hope not to offend anyone with this post

I stayed at the YHA when I went to check out the wig and pen with a mate. Cost stuff all and is really quite good esspecially if all you need is a bed to crash/pass out in and a shower in the morning, get a room with two bunk beds for you and your mates for cheap as.

The other stuff is rumored to be in Fyshwick but I wouldn't know :p what I do know is that Zierholz premium brewery is out there if you like sausage, steak, and beer so might be worth looking for the former and ending up at the later.
Zierholz Premium Brewery

Why the three bedrooms, are you considering installing a number of dwarf strippers in there? Be careful what you wish for because you may get it... Gimli, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur... B)

Nobody tosses a dwarf..

Edit: should have mentioned Bombur. Takes six other dwarves to toss him

Last time I went to the Wig and Pen I stayed at ANU in one of the colleges (conference).

I heard from some people there that there were flats that ANU rents out - Im not sure if they would be open to the general public though. Might be worth a try, I seem to recall it was only a few blocks from ANU..... at least thats what I recall after a dozen or so... :huh:

thanks for all the info guys. the yha looks like a good option. just wondering how they would go with novelty entertainment heading up to our room??

also zierholz looks great too. nice to have a couple of great beer destinations just in case................

on the off chance that anyone knows of a good private dwelling in the area can you please let me know?

just checked out zierholz a bit more...... think i may have to swing by and get a minikeg for the room (where ever we end up staying). what a treat to have great (i'm assuming, never tasted it) brewery fresh beer on tap. perfect for first hair of the dog. hmmm if i had it close to my bed i may never get up! anyone ever had one of these? know how much they cost? maybe i'll contact the brewery and see.

mucho cheers

christmasbender

Ring Christoff ahead of time to make sure that he has a keg and a dispenser available for you. They cost $80 for 10.3 litrres (well worth it!) I suggest the Hopmeister!!

It's quite similar to LCPA.

thanks for all the info guys. the yha looks like a good option. just wondering how they would go with novelty entertainment heading up to our room??

also zierholz looks great too. nice to have a couple of great beer destinations just in case................

on the off chance that anyone knows of a good private dwelling in the area can you please let me know?

just checked out zierholz a bit more...... think i may have to swing by and get a minikeg for the room (where ever we end up staying). what a treat to have great (i'm assuming, never tasted it) brewery fresh beer on tap. perfect for first hair of the dog. hmmm if i had it close to my bed i may never get up! anyone ever had one of these? know how much they cost? maybe i'll contact the brewery and see.

mucho cheers

christmasbender

Ring Christoff ahead of time to make sure that he has a keg and a dispenser available for you. They cost $80 for 10.3 litrres (well worth it!) I suggest the Hopmeister!!

It's quite similar to LCPA.

wow that is a good deal! thanks for the info & advice. think i'll call to make sure they have one for me and arrange a brewery tour too

slainte

christmasbender

Latest posts

Back