C U B Lives Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I see that Fosters group have re-branded their brewing operations as CUB, doing a relaunch

I see that Fosters group have re-branded their brewing operations as CUB, doing a relaunch

Bloody hell Bribie is there no end to your superfluous posts???????? :lol:
Can't you just be happy with the Broncos smashing the opposition??? :super:
I realise of course that this subject may well be taboo in those places you plan on visiting? :lol:
I am up & about again & ready to rock & roll if you get my drift? :party:

TP

Midnight Train?

I know you have a fondness for the old Melbourne Bitter, Michael, but c'mon. Do we really care....? :p Judging by the beers of yours (and Florian's Lagers :icon_drool2:) I had last night, CUB/Fosters/MegaBeerCorpPtyLtd can bugger right off, best brewers in the world in QLD.

Nice to see you lurking again, Pete. Other forum not working out for you....

Oh, should add (just for Pete) Go QUEENSLANDER...ahem. ;)

EDIT: Up and about Pete? Why am I drinking by myself tonight then. Planning, Man. Plan better next time!!!

Midnight Train?

I know you have a fondness for the old Melbourne Bitter, Michael, but c'mon. Do we really care....? :p Judging by the beers of yours (and Florian's Lagers :icon_drool2:) I had last night, CUB/Fosters/MegaBeerCorpPtyLtd can bugger right off, best brewers in the world in QLD.

Nice to see you lurking again, Pete. Other forum not working out for you....

Oh, should add (just for Pete) Go QUEENSLANDER...ahem. ;)

:wub:

TP

Can't you just be happy with the Broncos smashing the opposition??? :super:

I am. That means I have to wait another day (or week) to photograph my latest beer, and whack the recipe up (all cold stock gone for the night). Wish they'd put on 60 points, they should have, just for my fantasy footy team's benefit (go Jack Reed).

Anywho, back to the new brew crack'd.

Alls I can say is a new combination of hops, similar malt profile, very interesting, learned a bucketpaledumptruckload from it.

Goomba

Now C'mon Pete, remember what happened last time you got all horny.... I ended up with a leathery tongue in my ear.... I can still hear the 1840's.... :icon_vomit:

No Nick, the latest Midnight Train probably isn't carbed yet ! :icon_drunk:
Oh wait, it need not be carbed... :rolleyes: :icon_chickcheers:

Just did a search and can see on the new CUB website that they have destroyed one of my favourite Logos.
What will the Thousands of Australian Males with CUB Tatts do now?

I know most people don't care about logos and branding but it annoys me how they have to modernise for the sake of it.
Its the same modernisation that has turned the VB label and Draught Label into a Turd. At least they've left melbourne bitter alone.

The Beers are sh*t anyway but when i look at Coopers sticking strong with their history and tradition
and then see the an old VB logo or a CUB Logo that I'm still fond of it and it makes me sad that some wanker in Fosters marketing cant leave a good thing alone and has to mark his territory.

Goddamniti'vebeenfoundout. ****. WhatshallIeverdonow?

PerhapsIshouldtakethisglisteningglass-fullofbeerandslashmyself. ThatwouldbeafittingpunishmentforthetyranyIhavebroughtaponthisoncewonderfulforum. Forshame.

And Midnight Train need not be carbonated, nor served from anything but a 2L bottle or Goon Bag. It's all class Y'know!

Just did a search and can see on the new CUB website that they have destroyed one of my favourite Logos.
What will the Thousands of Australian Males with CUB Tatts do now?

...it annoys me how they have to modernise for the sake of it.

...it makes me sad that some wanker in Fosters marketing cant leave a good thing alone and has to mark his territory.

It's called justifying your position. Working for a Government Owned Company, I know just how much sense that makes... :blink:

Would there really be thousands or should we just not give a shit anyway? :unsure:

Option B thanks....

Now C'mon Pete, remember what happened last time you got all horny.... I ended up with a leathery tongue in my ear.... I can still hear the 1840's.... :icon_vomit:

I must be getting a few in me Nick but here is our for all to see. :icon_chickcheers: :lol:

TP

Last edited by a moderator:
It's called justifying your position. Working for a Government Owned Company, I know just how much sense that makes... :blink:

I work for Coles Marketing and I spend my days weaving between people justifying their position.
(Insert Sad have another beer and forget about them Emoticon here)

Would there really be thousands or should we just not give a shit anyway? :unsure:

i really think they should be concentrating on their beer, and not their marketing....
if your beers good, you dont need the gizmos to whip a dead horse.....

I work for Coles Marketing and I spend my days weaving between people justifying their position.
(Insert Sad have another beer and forget about them Emoticon here)

I'm a lowly Aprrentice Electrican. I'm paid by the hour, and not paid to think. Thankfully. Otherwise I'd probably rebrand the company or something else equally useful. And likely at a cost of $20M, plus expenses. Ahem ;)

C'mon Pete, Don'e be coy now. They even made an episode of about us....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back