Byo Magazine - Australia - March/april 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today ! Go to the BYO site where you can access some good stuff. If you can, subscribe. US$28 for 8 issues. Do it on line, pay via Paypal (if I remember right) - even with the exchange rate it's great value for money.

Things must have changed,

Taken from: http://byo.com/subscriber-services

International Subscriptions
International subscriptions must be prepaid and payable in U.S. dollars. Complete the above form and fax with a credit card number to BYO Subscriptions: 760-738-4805 OR send a money order payable in U.S. dollars along with your order to: BYO, P.O. Box 469121, Escondido, CA 92046.

International Air mail subscription rates are: Canada add $5.00 USD/year, all other countries add $15.00/year in US funds.

I would like to be able to do a secure shop purchase.. dont like the idea of faxing in my CC details. especially if they end up on the wrong end of somone elses fax.

Subscribed!

I wonder if i will get this issue or the next addition.

Only purchased the Jan addition @ borders yesterday. Whats the usual turnaround tie for the addition to the door from subscription date?

From memory i received my first issue about 2-3 weeks after i subscribed. Was a lot faster than i expected.

:icon_cheers: SJ

Subscribed!

I wonder if i will get this issue or the next addition.

Only purchased the Jan addition @ borders yesterday. Whats the usual turnaround tie for the addition to the door from subscription date?

When you subscribed they would have sent you a confirmation email, it tells you what issue will be sent and the day it will be sent.

Andrew

Thank you for your order!

The current issue is Mar/Apr 2009 and it
will be mailed on 3/5/2009.

Thanks again - Subscription Department

So it will be sent out on the 5th of March aye! Hmmm i guess you all got yours dispatched on the 5th of Feb maybe.

Atleast the wait wont seem as long for Zymurgy now as i will also have BYO in my hands!

*Excellent*

Just checked my subscription status

It says that my copy will be sent 11/02/2009 so tomorrow it gets posted

Might get it next week or week after

Big ups to pioneers and pimps of the BIAB Pistolpatch and Thirstboy for the recognition of the process by John Palmer. Also big ups to QLDs own Screwtop and all the other HBers for getting their recipes printed in the mag and to all the rest of the Aussie contributors. Its great to see BYO taking a big interest in OZ, hopefully down the track we might see something about the Kiwis.

cheers

Browndog

Got my copy last night and have read most of it already.

Wont comment on most of it until more people have read it but 1 thing that stood out a bit was the suggested carbonation level for aussie pale/sparkling ale

3.5 vol CO2.

Is this a typo? That seems closer to champagne than beer but since my keg system is set up to 1.6 its beyond my experience. :unsure:

CSA doesnt seem THAT fizzy to me.

I recently commented on the KI pale ale which i found to be way over the top in carbonation and was told by the brewers that it was carbed to 3.0 vol CO2.

Maybe my palate has mutated to the english way...... :beer:

Got my copy last night and have read most of it already.

Wont comment on most of it until more people have read it but 1 thing that stood out a bit was the suggested carbonation level for aussie pale/sparkling ale

3.5 vol CO2.

Is this a typo? That seems closer to champagne than beer but since my keg system is set up to 1.6 its beyond my experience. :unsure:

CSA doesnt seem THAT fizzy to me.

I recently commented on the KI pale ale which i found to be way over the top in carbonation and was told by the brewers that it was carbed to 3.0 vol CO2.

Maybe my palate has mutated to the english way...... :beer:

FWIW we gas champagne to 5.7 - 5.8 gv or converted 10.8 - 11.2 gpl Co2.

3.5gv is still a little way off but still high I would have thought for carbonating of beer.

BYB

Just saw it - they include Geoff Prince's winning BoS recipe.

Remarkably, the BoS appears to be another kit + extract + partial RIS... sound like a familiar story? AABC a couple of years back?

Congrats to Geoff on getting international recognition with an extract brew! Top work :)

Dan

Just discovered this morning that Tanunda newsagency now stocks this fine publication for any Barossa lads out there. Picked up the Dec & Jan/Feb issues, should keep me busy over the weekend.

There are a lot of very suspicious looking characters in that BBC photo ..... :ph34r:

a kit BoS in our national comp? GMK would be proud! :p

Got my copy yesterday but have not had a chance to read it yet.

Just a quick flick through

Just went down to bogans paradise to see if the news agent stocked BYO and to my suprise they did but it was only the Jan/Feb issue they told me they will be getting the next issue in on the 6th of March man thats another week i have to wait until I see my ugly mug in a septic mag. On the positive BYO mag is only $6.95 there, you guys in SYD are getting ripped off wildly

@ $6.95 it's cheaper than becoming a subscriber at the moment $28USD + $17USD = $70AUD = $8.75 per issue :huh:

and still better than 2 years $44USD + $34USD = $121AUD = $7.60 per issue

I'm gonna talk to some local newsagents when my subscription runs out - luckily i got it when the AUD was good!

Cheers

In the recent Sparkling ale episode on the Jamil show they claim that Aussie Sparkling ale is carbed at 3 volumes. I find it to be less gassy than megaswill and is more likely to be about 2 volumes. Anybody agree with me on this?

Back