Bumper Grain Harvest...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://home.ptdprolog.net/~jimala/brewery/
this was the old link
and i think this is the new one, but he's done nothing with it yet
www.jimala.com
edit - http://brewery.jimala/ryemaltcronicle.html was excellent
anyone save this blokes stuff?

The beer must have been ok Aaron, because they kept making it instead of one generation saying, "I'm no making tha shite! Eets 'ken terrible. And I'm no teachin' the wee littlies how to make it either!" (how's that accent Stu? :) )

I'm not thinking of saving money as much as making a real new season fresh Hefeweizen, and see if it still tastes terrible <- kidding :)

Real brewers must be like cats in catnip when new season hops are hanging around the place. Mine wouldn't get a moggy soggy atm <_<

All the major maltings are fully committed for both local and export orders.
that's interesting because I read that LN breweries are running at no where near capacity with drops in the staple XXXX WE Emu brands and a slow change to "premium" beers by consumers. Must be overseas taking the surplus.
I wonder where Iraq is on our export list of biggest to smallest.
Maybe we should buy a heap of wheat and do Belgian Wits. Any orange growers on line? ;)

I hope you're talking about Iraq as a grain market, coz they're unlikely to be a market for Oz export beers.

Plenty of orange growers around here, out in the semi-rural countryside. Would U like a contact phone number for one? :lol:

Seth

*edit: punctuation only - yep I'm that fussy...*

Joe White produce around 500,000 tonnes of malt a year now and their local customers would be lucky to take more than 130,000 tonnes and that includes all the micro and home brewing markets.

Wes

Tangent, I've done a bit of snooping.
jimala is Jim Adwell. he has had a few email adresses and website adresses over the years, but It appears that around 2001 he registered his own domain. The new site is at www.jimala.com
BUT, theres nothing there. Bugger.
I have seen references to his email as 'jimala at jimala.com' in 2001, but none after. There also doesn't appear to be any further posting to forums. Maybe he has quit brewing?
I have found references to his wife's email address, 'paula at jimala.com', as late as 2004, so the domain is still active.

I'll leave it up to you to try those email adresses as I'll be overseas for the next four weeks with minimal net access.

Good luck.
Simo

Back