Bullies At Ahb - Why Do They Bother Posting Here?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the forum had become a little quieter lately too. There was a thread the other day of someone asking how to make xxxx summer lager and not one 'bottle cat/dog/hobo/your own piss' comment. I was actually surprised.

In saying that, this is the internet...

Is this quietness worth all the dead kittens, IS IT! :huh:

some of the avatar pics over there are pretty good too :icon_chickcheers:

I think this forum represents society at large. Some people who seem able to get along with most other members of the community and then there are those who are lacking in edict, manners and interpersonal communication. Unfortunately its a sign of the times I'm afraid. The protection the internet gives you makes some feel they don't have to extend common decencies to others and thats where the rudeness or bullying attitude stems from.

Personally I conduct myself on this forum as if I was talking to a group or individual in person and don't hide behind my avatar. The members of this forum who you think are cocks most likely are, in both there digital and physical lives.

This isn't even the worst part of the internet, you should try hanging out at 4chan for a while... actually no, you shouldn't subject yourself to that.

I couldn't agree more with the comments about the so-called 'bullies',I've never seen comments from anyone that i'd consider a 'bully',just a wanker,and ,thank god,they're few and far between.the odd one or two i suspect have had a 'few' before getting on line,cos some comments they make on here they wouldn't dare make in person,they'd cop a straight right to the chin if they did :rolleyes: The people on this line that are generally considered 'trolls'by any reasonable person,i can simply ignore,i've dealt with enough of their ilk in my life that on the net,they don't worry me at all.A couple of times i've thought i might have given the wrong impression or been taken in the wrong way in certain opinions of mine in a couple of threads,and i've made the effort to PM the people involved and apologise or explain my thoughts a bit better,when not quite so 'cheerful' ;) Ignore the shitstirrers,you'll cop 'em in all walks of life.Be glad that on here,at least you can simply switch off and not worry about the buggers.As someone posted to me one late night "Don't feed the trolls" :lol:

:lol:

Has it occurred to you, Dave, that if you keep recruiting everyone from here to there, the two places will be no different eventually?

good point.

all you bastards can feck off.

:lol:

Has it occurred to you, Dave, that if you keep recruiting everyone from here to there, the two places will be no different eventually?
I just looked at their 'behaviour' rules,feck all people from here would make the grade :lol: :lol:

I thought the AHB forum was a place for like minded people to openly ask questions and share ideas about brewing beer at home. Am I wrong?

If you cant constructively add to a thread, Im not sure why you bother to take your time to read and then post. Unless you get off being a bully?

So is this your idea of constructively adding to a thread?

To the craft-brewers, I am touched that you brewing Gods take your time to visit www.aussiehomebrewer.com.
Maybe you should find a new web site. You dont want your craft-beer to be inadvertently associated with mere home-brew.

Actually, I actually no longer home-brew.
and have actually skipped craft-brewing..
I awesomebrew.

I have formed my own web site, and have my forum www.awsomebrewers.com.au

.. anyone with their hand on it is welcome to apply.

I hope you guys don't youtube me doing this, but here goes...

cam-white.png

So is this your idea of constructively adding to a thread?
you're right Maxt, I was a bully in that thread.
But to be fair, I wasn't the first.
I only regret that I didn't close the thread and ignore.

the important thing here, besides right and wrong, is the passion here, the thirst for learnin here, the piss funny times here, the photo's or it didnt happen here.. above all

it's the common passion here

it's da inta net, ya gunna get some shite, just a matter of filtering the nutters out I guess...

:unsure:

my 1/2 penny worth of half drunken dribble :D

... I was a bully in that thread. But to be fair, I wasn't the first.
Well you answered your own question "Bullies At Ahb - Why Do They Bother Posting Here?"

They do it become someone else did it first.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

you're right Maxt, I was a bully in that thread.
But to be fair, I wasn't the first.
I only regret that I didn't close the thread and ignore.

Kudos to you Michael, most people wouldn't have owned their behaviour.

I think alcohol and calm responses don't always go together, and the internet allows people to say things from the safety of their rooms, that they would never say face to face.

That said, we (me included) should all learn to ignore a bit more often.

Kudos to you Michael, most people wouldn't have owned their behaviour.

I think alcohol and calm responses don't always go together, and the internet allows people to say things from the safety of their rooms, that they would never say face to face.

That said, we (me included) should all learn to ignore a bit more often.
+1000
that is all so true

Latest posts

Back