Bullies At Ahb - Why Do They Bother Posting Here?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael_aussie

Reaction score
I thought the AHB forum was a place for like minded people to openly ask questions and share ideas about brewing beer at home. Am I wrong?

Most people can understand and accept that not everyone shares their opinions. They can interact in a mature and civil manner, making cases for their opinion and against the opinion of others that they disagree with. I am keen to read the opinions of civil people, even when I disagree with them, and sometimes, their writing sways my opinion.

The minority think that if someone has a different opinion to them, then that person is ranting, simplistic, unintelligent, bashing, ignorant and arrogant so thats what they call them. Pots calling the kettles black. They are tough men and use aggressive language on an internet web site. I think they are hypocritical bullies.

If you cant constructively add to a thread, Im not sure why you bother to take your time to read and then post. Unless you get off being a bully?

Is there a particular thread or user you have in mind that's initiated this thread?

It's the internet - all sorts of personalities with the bonus of anonymity get to use it. Some negative traits will always appear.

It's the reason why we have an "ignore" function.

I have only one on my list at present but, if the need arises, I'll add more.
I prefer to ignore rude or obnoxious posters than to argue with them to no good purpose.

It's the internet - all sorts of personalities with the bonus of anonymity get to use it. Some negative traits will always appear.
And its a beer site... Beer and posting don't always go down well together.

Being an alcohol-centric forum it's inevitable that many members will be posting after six pints of IPA - but there are always one or two bloody minded trolls on every forum. The Pom forum "Jim's beer kit" seems to have a good balance and the American forums are quite civilised as well.

Maybe we should get that kid body slam em :beerbang:

Out of all the members there are only a couple that I would regard as bullies, it's just a shame those couple post a lot :blink:

All that said, stick and stones mate, sticks and stones!!

Fish gotta swim,
Birds gotta fly,
Trolls gotta troll...
The only way to troll :lol: 3031332086_24485c9185_b.jpg

I'd imagine any forum that has a large number of members is going to get some idiots. I haven't had to use the ignore feature yet, hopefully won't need to. Sometimes it can be quite hilarious to watch a couple of large ego's bang heads together :p

I was going to say I thought the forum had become a lot more civilised lately and much easier to read without nearly every thread becoming a bun fight.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

I have so many hurtful bullies on ignore that I can't see any posts in this thread.

Seriously though, take it all with a grain of salt, mate. It is a forum where many are pissed while posting.
Cheers, John.

The fool thinks he has won a battle when he bullies with harsh speech,
but knowing how to be forbearing alone makes one victorious.
Samyutta Nikaya I, 163

This is probably the wrong place to add a "Dry yer eyes, princess", isn't it?

:p

Latest posts

Back