Budget Keg Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfarrell

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of setting up a cheap keg system?

Cheap way to get 18litre kegs is from the U.S. they take a looong time to get here but are the cheapest way, 2-3months minimum. Then you need a regulator, beer & gas line, co2 bottle and tap. Also a fridge for the whole lot :)

Fridge should be easy, old ones chucked out all the time.

You can look for second hand stuff on this site or try pm GMK for most of the other bits n pieces.

Co2 bottle 3 options:
1) buy a new one ~$300
2) rent one ~$100 per year
3) convert a fire extinguisher - theres a thread on here somewhere about it.

Cheers,
Keith

Cheap way to get 18litre kegs is from the U.S. they take a looong time to get here but are the cheapest way, 2-3months minimum. Then you need a regulator, beer & gas line, co2 bottle and tap. Also a fridge for the whole lot :)

Fridge should be easy, old ones chucked out all the time.

You can look for second hand stuff on this site or try pm GMK for most of the other bits n pieces.

Co2 bottle 3 options:
1) buy a new one ~$300
2) rent one ~$100 per year
3) convert a fire extinguisher - theres a thread on here somewhere about it.

Cheers,
Keith
G'day Keifer,
Regarding the converted fire extinguisher I saw one on eBay in SA here :)
I just bought a converted second hand 5 Kg Fire Cylinder (full) for $130.
Kegs are available via many sources, Craftbrewer, do a search for Matthew Chitiea for cheap US Kegs (I am still waiting for an order query for my 2 month old order so jury is out on his current level of customer service). There are many other suppliers out there, keep looking :) Don't forget the disconnects/ manifolds/ check valves too.
I found some cheap taps from here (1 week freight from the States )
If you are new to kegging (like me) have a good look on this site for many many good gems of information.
Happy Kegging !
Cheers
Doug

Latest posts

Back