Bud light brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because underpitching will result in the wrong flavours? Kit yeast is underpitching.

Sorry guys I'm lost now wit the yeast discussion..? I feel like I'm back at the start again wit some things in this whole thing I need to learn more than wat I know by the sounds of it.!

You will get conflicting advice in every stage of this hobby.

You need to work out which sources you trust and which you don't. Often trial and error brewing is the only way. I will suggest it is entirely incorrect to suggest the kit yeast will add 'no flavour'.

Pick one method or the other. try it. Then pick the other. Try it. Judge the results and use the knowledge for your next.

Best is to do small brews until you find what the one who is drinking it wants .When the beer is brewed it will also change over time so if you drink too soon then that will give a false outcome .

Thanks will give it a shot..!!! Hope she likes it if not I'm sure I will. But yes I will try diff yeast on next attempt to see the difference didn't think diff yeast were different that much always used the can yeast. Cheers guys

Well I shall keep that in mind.. :) I sure you will. I don't want it goin to waste now that's would be sad an I will be glad to pour you half of it. But if it's good u know I will be making it again.

If anyone knows any other ideas of achieving what I'm tryin to make I would love to hear ya thoughts.

I remember making the Coopers Cerveza back in my KnK days. From memory it was similar to what you're after. Maybe a shade sweeter than the standard American Lager, but it's a close approximation.

You can get your kit from the bloke at Islington, but save your questions for the forum or go to Mark in Mayfield West. Also buy your yeast from Mark, because the other bloke doesn't keep it refrigerated and doesn't stock liquid yeast.

My 2c.

Thankyou for that advice I will give that a go forsure now.. Yeh I haven't gone an seen mark before but I been hearing good things so I say that will be on the next brew after I put these next ones down.. Cheers again for your input..!

No worries.. Posted in the AG forum last night about my next brew day, if you're keen to peep in and watch the process..

Oh really I will try find it still getting my head around this site.. I think the ag is way to involved for me.. Been doin this for some time now always been good just the ag seems alot of work busy schedules etc.. maybe not.!

Seems like you're digging your system, and if you're making beer you like to drink, then there's no reason to change it.

The offer stands, though, so PM if you change your mind.

Latest posts

Back