Bubbles in beer line, whats the cause?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've tried everything and I am just getting a full glass of foam. What's worse is that I ran out of gas on Sunday trying to sort it out, so I'm going to have to try and get it filled tomorrow which is tricky. Very over the whole situation!

Check the keg for leaks at the PRV and posts etc. Could be releasing pressure and "sucking" liquid back through.

Do you leave your gas on at serving pressure? If not, do it

Sorry I missed your replies boys.

I've checked my entire system for leaks and there's nothing I can find. I normally keep my kegs on the gas at 10psi serving pressure.

This particular keg that I'm having issues with was set to 30psi for 48 hours, to try and speed things up but that's obviously too much. I have since taken it off the gas and burped it every time I walk past (morning/night when I get home from work) but nothing seems to be alleviating it. I am pouring full glasses of foam and as soon as I pour I can see all of the bubbles fill the lines. Once it's sat idle for a little while the lines have big air pockets, which I've never had before (normally just full of beer all the way to the shank).

I'm ready to chuck in the towel - it's driving me crazy!!!

timmi9191 said:
where you located BK? Maybe an experienced local local can pop in and sort it out for you
I'm on the Gold Coast. Nattydstar is going to come and have a look on Thursday and see if we can figure out the issue. It just seems to continue to get worse and hasn't even got a little bit better. I reckon I've burped it at least 20 times.

BKBrews said:
I'm on the Gold Coast. Nattydstar is going to come and have a look on Thursday and see if we can figure out the issue. It just seems to continue to get worse and hasn't even got a little bit better. I reckon I've burped it at least 20 times.
Is the keg out of the fridge or still cold?

Beamer said:
Is the keg out of the fridge or still cold?
Still cold. Set to 1.5 degrees.

I've left the PRV open today and I will shut it when I get home tonight.

The colder the beer, the more CO2 you can dissolve in it. If you want more CO2 to come out, let it warm, then burp it. Then cool it down again.

Latest posts

Back