Broken Hop Bags

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcqueen

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I was onto my fourth brew this evening, and everything was going swell when I was adding all the ingredients to my wort. Gave it all a stir and noticed the hop bag had broken in the fermenter. Will this affect the end result? and is there anything I can do to minimise hop ending up in the bottles, or am I stressing about nothing. :(

Cheers

Just let the fermenter settle for a couple of days after fermentation cease's or cold crash for a day or 2 which most brewers probably do anyway..... It will be fine.

Just let the fermenter settle for a couple of days after fermentation cease's or cold crash for a day or 2 which most brewers probably do anyway..... It will be fine.

A lot of the time I just throw the pellets straight in anyway. :beerbang:

It should be fine, they will hopefully settle down the bottom of the fermenter with the yeast.
The only problem you may have is if you have a sediment reducer on your tap these can block up pretty easily with loose hops.

The pellets will just drop out, and being a tea bags worth you should not have any issues with taps getting blocked.

QldKev

Yeap will settle in to the yeast cake fine.. I pop hops straight in all the time and they settle out OK.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back