Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit OT: A certain Irish- themed club in Toowoomba has both of the common BUL Irish beers (I nearly typed ales... :rolleyes: ) on tap and both have proved to be largely undrinkable on the vast majority of occasions. If you like winkle, give them a whirl next weekend, its not far from the Cow! :D

Of all places The Beach House at Stafforf has Fat Yak on tap!??!?
<_<
Years ago I used to drink there when they had Roof Top Red on tap, then they went 100% mega swill so I hadn't gone back.

give them a whirl next weekend, its not far from the Cow

I might just give it a miss this time mate ;)

Just in town until the following weekend. I'd be keen to head to the festival but I should really stay put and spend time with family. Keen to head out for beers around town though, time permitting.
Give me a PM when you are free and we'll do something, we should be back Sunday arvo anyway.

I went to the Ship Inn for a feed this weekend. The beer selection wasn't huge but they had some burleigh brewing and matilda bay beers (in stubbies), & I think I saw some mountain goat in the fridge too. The food was great and reasonably priced.

:icon_offtopic:
had a few jugs of of Fat Yak and fck me, it's hoppy again!
The best I've ever tasted it, really bloody tasty.

+ 1 on the Fat Yak, Had one in the city last night and it was pretty good, back to being malty with a nice hit of hops on the nose and mouth

still consider archive the mecca for beer hounds

but my local is the clarro (brisbane brewhouse)

yardbird if iam over the valley way

+1 For the Archive.
The Brisbane Brewhouse is pouring some noice beers. The porter, Amber Ale, Scottish Ale are all great IMO

For me its the Scratch for a few Friday beers on the way home and a lazy Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
Archive for a decent session with mates, great bottle shop.
Valley, Hideaway if open.
City, Super Wotnot

Scratch then hideaway for me!

Scratch then hideaway for me!

The German Sausage hut (CBD) might start getting some business from me too..

BTW , what was Underbelly like Rowy?

I knoooooooooow Naaarthink!

It's getting seriously hard to pub-crawl ALL the good places in a day anymore!
I gave it a damn good run in April but still I didn't make it to the International, Kerbside or Hideaway. Underbelly opened the next day.
I'll have to try it again, making some adjustments in my route.

pub-crawl... when? :beer: :beer: :beer: if you need reinforcements I reckon there would be few takers. :)

Not sure yet. Usually these are last minute decisions I make when not working on a weekday, and I bus into the city for lunch and start at one point (usually the Brisbane Brewhouse). I then work my way across the city and then try and navigate my way home. My trail in April was Brewhouse, 5th Element, Archive, Burrow, Pig & Whistle Queen Street, Platform (for old time sake), Bitter Suite, Yardbird, Grill'd Wintergarden, The Brew, Super Whatnot.

Not sure yet. Usually these are last minute decisions I make when not working on a weekday, and I bus into the city for lunch and start at one point (usually the Brisbane Brewhouse). I then work my way across the city and then try and navigate my way home. My trail in April was Brewhouse, 5th Element, Archive, Burrow, Pig & Whistle Queen Street, Platform (for old time sake), Bitter Suite, Yardbird, Grill'd Wintergarden, The Brew, Super Whatnot.

Don't forget Underbelly after 4pm Mon - Thurs and from 12pm on Frdiay, they are supporting us Qld brewers too!

Don't forget Underbelly after 4pm Mon - Thurs and from 12pm on Frdiay, they are supporting us Qld brewers too!
Yes.... the day I did the above mentioned city stagger was the day BEFORE they opened!

I just spent the day rained out at Tangalooma and thought I would get acquainted with the local pubbery, but the only beer they had can not even be mentioned on this site! they did have exotic beer though, all the way from Mexico with a slice of lime. It was a sad, sad day

I feel your pain, A-dawg, but really you should have got off your arse and snorkelled the wrecks or something. The water is still 22deg or something this time of year and the visibility isn't that affected by rain.
Love that place.

I feel your pain, A-dawg, but really you should have got off your arse and snorkelled the wrecks or something. The water is still 22deg or something this time of year and the visibility isn't that affected by rain.
Love that place.

I will return, and will go prepared for many other activities that do not involve beer. Would have love to have been out around the wrecks today.

Latest posts

Back