Brisbane Brewday 22nd January

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillscottish

Uh, Detective Parson, madam.
Reaction score
To celebrate the 252nd bithday of Robert Burns on the 25th I'll be having a brew day on Saturday 22nd.

You all know the format by now; mash in later than you had hoped, try and squeeze in a double batch, something goes horribly wrong and everyone stands around offering useless criticism. :p

It'll be a Scottsh Ale of some sort, nibblies and BBQ - usual stuff.

More information to follow.

Slainthe

Campbell

I'll be back in Brissy by then, and celebrating my birthday on the 25th too...

So, I'm in!

SWMBO has been informed, rolling of eyes ensued, questions about BABBs asked, and approval reluctantly given.

Will bring a keg of something....

Cheers

eek, another one already.
Sheeet :icon_drunk: .
Ok, will bring stuff......

It's my only weekend off this month. What else am I supposed to do :rolleyes:

I was hoping to pitch it later somewhere between a boozy bbq and that horrendously formal Scottish Beer Dinner I did last year. An array of Posh Scottish finger food or something like that. Nebulous plan at this stage. It'll probably end up snags on the barbie.

Plenty of time to work things out...... :ph34r:

Bring a SWMBO too.

Sad to say, she'd probably volunteer not to come along. Plus, she's starting her new job on the 25th, will probably be busy planning and...ummm...whatever else teachers do I suppose.... :ph34r:

Cheers

Oh Rabbie Burns! :p

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o' the puddin'-race!
Aboon them a' ye tak yer place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye wordy o' a grace
As lang's my airm.

To celebrate the 252nd bithday of Robert Burns on the 25th I'll be having a brew day on Saturday 22nd.

You all know the format by now; mash in later than you had hoped, try and squeeze in a double batch, something goes horribly wrong and everyone stands around offering useless criticism. :p

Slainthe

Campbell
I bet you leave a ball valve/tap open :p
(we shan't mention missing a sparge step)

(we shan't mention missing a sparge step)

Well I did tell you your volume was low..... And because I was drunk, you didn't believe me :ph34r:

I've obviously got too much time on my hands tonight as I'm thinking of doing a Parti-gyle for this.
A Scotch Ale/Wee Heavy and an 80/.
Is this a recipe for success or doomed to failure?

I've obviously got too much time on my hands tonight as I'm thinking of doing a Parti-gyle for this.
A Scotch Ale/Wee Heavy and an 80/.
Is this a recipe for success or doomed to failure?
How much 80/- did you want SS?

You could always add more grain to the MT after your WH first runnings to get a full batch of 80 :icon_cheers:

Edit...and your Dark malt....

Will try to get there it on the day....

PB

Any results on the circuit inspections mate? Keen to bring my gear along if I can, make it a BIIIIGG brewday ;)

Got a nice American IPA recipe for a double batch that me and Winkle will split if we can.......

Let's just say: 150g into the boil (Columbus, Centennial, Cascade, Simcoe, Citra), and 150g into cubes (Same varieties, 75g in each cube).... :icon_drool2:

Cheers

Slainthe

Campbell

Camerons rock! :icon_cheers:

Sounds like a great day!!

Wish I was up there... All the best to everyone involved...

Any results on the circuit inspections mate? Keen to bring my gear along if I can, make it a BIIIIGG brewday ;)

Got a nice American IPA recipe for a double batch that me and Winkle will split if we can.......

Let's just say: 150g into the boil (Columbus, Centennial, Cascade, Simcoe, Citra), and 150g into cubes (Same varieties, 75g in each cube).... :icon_drool2:

Cheers

I shall be "assisting" Nick on the day. :icon_cheers:
We'll bring some nibblies/beer, need anything else Campbell??

I shall be "assisting" Nick on the day. :icon_cheers:
We'll bring some nibblies/beer, need anything else Campbell??

More Power!!
I can only run one kettle on the rear circuit. There's another outlet off the cooker circuit but it'll need an extension lead and I could run another lead throught the house from the bedroom cct.

No problemo :ph34r:

We will manage. Just jump over the fence and pinch some power from the neighbours if it's an issue :ph34r:

I'm sure we'll be fine. At worst, I'll mash in, get the HLT to temp, and then run the HEx - will only need the 8-9Amps then.

No problemo, as you say. We will make beer any way we can......

Oh, and kettle is gas fired, so no issues there. Will bring 2 x extension leads anyway, and we will MAKE IT WORK..... Aye?

Cheers

I knew you could do it!
Jobs on Nick, I shall bring a empty 20 litre botu-cube-of-death in that case. :icon_cheers:

Now, will that be the 20L botu-cube square, or the 20L botu-cube Jerrycan stylee???

I only ask as it's a pain in the arse if you're mis-matched to get volumes right.... Will bring all the gear and ingredients etc. You bring the moral support, the drunken finger-waiving and the pissed kettle volume estimations.... :ph34r:

Cheers

Now, will that be the 20L botu-cube square, or the 20L botu-cube Jerrycan stylee???

I only ask as it's a pain in the arse if you're mis-matched to get volumes right.... Will bring all the gear and ingredients etc. You bring the moral support, the drunken finger-waiving and the pissed kettle volume estimations.... :ph34r:

Cheers

It'll be the official BABBs issue 20L square one (not my normal 25L ones).
I'm pretty good at the required moral support/drunken finger waving - Daz and I did a fantastic job "helping" Brad at the big brewday @ that Chappo fellow's place awhile back :D .

Edit: less gooder at pissed volume estimations.

Back