Brisbane Brewday 22nd January

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good mate, looking forward to the day. May or may not be staying the night depending on wether SWMBO needs the car on Saturday. Either way I'm ready to brew!!! :)

Sounds good mate, looking forward to the day. May or may not be staying the night depending on wether SWMBO needs the car on Saturday. Either way I'm ready to brew!!! :)

We'll be able to do some bog snorkling races in the creek next door between hop additions. BYO Biohaz suit. Brewing - hell yeah.

Won't be along due to work, but just reminding you that it's also grain pickup day at Ross's, I'll be there about noon so may see some of you there.

:)

ETD about 1 or 2 hours - any last minute shortages Campbell - hops, grain, yeast?????
Am bringing a keg of 7% Bisayan Maputi to aid the brew process B)

ETD about 1 or 2 hours - any last minute shortages Campbell - hops, grain, yeast?????
Am bringing a keg of 7% Bisayan Maputi to aid the brew process B)

No, all seems pretty good. Didn't have any crystal so i've subbed in some caraaroma I had. I don't think you'd notice the difference in a 13 kg grain bill.
Warming up water right now.

Should be out the door in about 30 mins. Car packed and gear ready.

Cheers

Should be out the door in about 30 mins. Car packed and gear ready.

Cheers

Bloody hell, you're organised.
I haven't figured out what colour mankini to wear yet!

Yep, getting dropped off. Was up at 8 modifying the brew stand so it's now a 'semi-portable' system...... Luckily enough it fits in the car...just. It's fun to get in and out though ;)

PS: Green matches your eyes ;)

Cheers

Thanks to Campbell and Hannah for another great night!

Great food, fantastic beers, awesome company. Great to see some familiar faces again, and to meet some new ones.

ON the brew side of this, we hit both our target volume into the cubes (21L in each) and or OG was a couple of points higher than anticipated (1.072). Not bad for a 12.6KG grainbill!

Cheers, Nick & Meaghan.

PS: Is Campbell still sparging?? :p

Should be done any time now................ :rolleyes:

Good times.

NickB's hop-o-rama, 1.064 in fermenter B)

Campbell sure provided Batz with some novel approaches to mashing :rolleyes:

Was that measured with a 'thingy' Perry? Have the recollection that the Refrac read 1.072 last night.... hmmm

Will double check mine when I pitch it....

Cheers

Was that measured with a 'thingy' Perry? Have the recollection that the Refrac read 1.072 last night.... hmmm

Will double check mine when I pitch it....

Cheers

Measured with my trusty Zeal plastic thingy. I seem to remember 1.072 last night as well <_<

DSC_0607.JPG

Ready for action

DSC_0609.JPG

The Pros arrive

DSC_0616.JPG

Shit being talked

DSC_0619.JPG

Feeding the beast

DSC_0621.JPG

NickB making it look easy

DSC_0624.JPG

Stillscottish making it look hard
P.S. thanks for all the help guys :p

DSC_0633.JPG

Brew 2 chillin

DSC_0639.JPG

Drink of Champions, a V shandy

DSC_0648.JPG

Time for a nanna-nap, Daz?

Poor old Daz, tuckered out.

Looks like you lot had a nice relaxing day, more relaxing than my kamikaze efforts I had in the garden at our place. Stupid garden keeping me away from the delights of a brew session.

Back