Brigalow "club Gold"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been trying to find a review of the above mentioned kit. I have brewed it as a mid strength (500g brigalow brewers sugar and the kit)

Has anyone done one without modifying the kit?

To be honest I wouldn't use Brigalow kits, they aren't all malt. You'd be much better off spending the extra dollar or two and going for a nice Coopers kit, or a Morgans Gold kit if you're after that kind of style.

hbkitreviews.com has a lot of reviews on it, but they don't seem to have Brigalow kits.

Cheers - boingk

yeah I couldnt find them on there. I just started it tonight, i also have a coopers euro lager going that has a reasonable aroma.

Brigalow (Beenleigh) started off in the 1970s and really took off during the Queensland beer strike when home brewing exploded. For a while they were a popular kit and hit on the idea of the 'brewery in a box' with everything you needed to start brewing, except the bottles of course. In those days tallies were full crown top and easy to obtain.

I ran a LHBS in Maryborough for a year and Brigalow was basically it. Of course it didn't taste anything like beer with a sort of creamy twang, no malt aroma or flavour and no discernable hop presence. Then Coopers and other companies got into the act and Brigalow faded but somehow has still hung on to this day. I got out of brewing for about quarter of a century and when I returned last year, for the sake of nostalgia, I bought a can of Brigalow and made it per directions.

It hasn't changed :icon_vomit:

Well, credit where credit is due if they started the brewery in a box thing. Thats something at least.

Anyway, TGBM, that Euro Lager is a good kit, done a few of them and only thing I found was that it came out a bit light-bodied for my tastes...but thats probably not the kits fault.

Cheers - boingk

Back