Brewsta Users

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikern

Reaction score
I have been trying to change the volume figures at the top of the page in the hope it would recalculate my OG number but the number just keeps coming back to the original. Do I really have to change theCFG file settings every time because that's going to be a major pain. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Soz

The Brewsta help states:

Brewsta keeps track of three volumes:

recipe volume
represents the volume into the fermenter, after kettle losses. As at v1.1 this is simply a convenience value, it doesn't enter into any calculations.
post boil volume
volume in the kettle at the end of the boil. OG is calculated at this volume.
pre boil volume
volume in the kettle at the start of the boil. BG is calculated at this volume.

These volumes use defaults that are provided in the configuration file (brewsta.cfg). You can edit these for the specific recipe and/or edit the config file to suit your brewing practices.

In my experience, enter your defauly brew size by modifying the CFG file. The if you wish to make a different size batch, click in the recipe volume, enter the amount then press TAB (not enter!!!) to move to the post boil volume, again enter the size , press TAB & enter the preboil volume & press TAB.

Use TAB to move across a row when entering ingredient info eg weights. Don't gorget to use 0.xx not .xx for amounts of malt less than 1kg. The recalculate mash botton works well when you change your mash volumes.

Stick with brewsta, it doesn't do everything & has a few quirks, but then it doesn't have the bloat of other progs (IMHO)

In my experience, enter your defauly brew size by modifying the CFG file. The if you wish to make a different size batch, click in the recipe volume, enter the amount then press TAB (not enter!!!) to move to the post boil volume, again enter the size , press TAB & enter the preboil volume & press TAB.

Use TAB to move across a row when entering ingredient info eg weights. Don't gorget to use 0.xx not .xx for amounts of malt less than 1kg. The recalculate mash botton works well when you change your mash volumes.

Stick with brewsta, it doesn't do everything & has a few quirks, but then it doesn't have the bloat of other progs (IMHO)

**** me, I spent two hours the other day trying to work this out and ..........yep ended up changing the config file.

Of course TaB, for beautiful people!!!!

Ahhhhh, the Tab key. Thanks for that that Croz, saved me a lot of shouting at inanimate objects. :beer:

Cheers,

Soz

I'm also a brewsta user...

One thing I found on my PC was that I had problems with the "latest" version (build 29 or something at the time). I went back through the releases and have settled on v1.1 "build 22". Maybe I can try the latest again and see if TAB fixes my issues as well!

Latest posts

Back