Brewpubs in India

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckenry

Brummagem
Reaction score
Anyone been to India lately? Did you find any brewpubs? Mr. Google returns a few, but mostly marketing / advertisement type. Searching for brewpub and India on a beer forum.... not easy... Either a billion returns or if double quoted, no returns.
Hoping someone here has some real experience. I am holidaying there for 5 weeks, but I dont want to burden you with my problems :p
Cheers.

I'd say they would be as hard to find as a decent curry house in Australia.

Ha I was just about to post this but that article beat me to it.

It has been a while since my last trip there, but I can't remember any (things change fast though). Depending where you are going it'll tend to be dry hot and dusty or hot and muggy, so as long as it's cold the Kingfisher will be a welcome relief.
There may be some sort of brew pub in the wealthy areas of the big cities (Dehli, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore) but outside of them you'd be hard up to find anything other than the mass produced, and even then depending on the area it might be a dry town (just ask for the special water in the non-transparent cup :ph34r: ).

Could go a few pints of Raging Elephant right now.

It's been a few years since I went and visited family, am hoping to go again next year though. Some of my staff were talking the other day about home-brew in India and recent deaths after people drank beer made with fermented chickens and cashews!! Someone was saying their cousin (we all have too many cousins!) who owns a petrol station recently started importing Australian beers, and frequently has a massive line of people waiting to get inside to buy the typical mega-swill from here!

I'll ask the chaps at work to dig around, when do you leave?

Crouch said:
It's been a few years since I went and visited family, am hoping to go again next year though. Some of my staff were talking the other day about home-brew in India and recent deaths after people drank beer made with fermented chickens and cashews!! Someone was saying their cousin (we all have too many cousins!) who owns a petrol station recently started importing Australian beers, and frequently has a massive line of people waiting to get inside to buy the typical mega-swill from here!

I'll ask the chaps at work to dig around, when do you leave?
I've sent you a pm.

Latest posts

Back