Brewpubs And Microbrewerys In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its all coming into place and looking good, cheers guys. I remember reading somewhere about goat wednesday nites but I didn't see it on the website so thought I must have been imagining things, that'll be great. See if I can spill another beer all over the place in front of Cam again. :eek:

Its all coming into place and looking good, cheers guys. I remember reading somewhere about goat wednesday nites but I didn't see it on the website so thought I must have been imagining things, that'll be great. See if I can spill another beer all over the place in front of Cam again. :eek:
In front of Cam? Over Cam I think it was Jayse.

I think the topic has pretty much got me sorted for breweries/pubs to checkout.
However, can Melb members give any recommendations on restaurants (with a good beerlist), in the European food genre (Swiss, Czech, German, Austrian etc) ?
Is the Swiss Club any good ?

TIA,
Doc

I think the topic has pretty much got me sorted for breweries/pubs to checkout.
However, can Melb members give any recommendations on restaurants (with a good beerlist), in the European food genre (Swiss, Czech, German, Austrian etc) ?
Is the Swiss Club any good ?

TIA,
Doc

The meals at either of the Belgian Beer Cafes should be okay enough. I've eaten at Bluestone a couple of times and have been happy - the menu at Eureka looks okay.

Is the Hofbrauhaus worth a look ?

Doc

Upstairs from Cookie in Swanston st is The Toff in Town

They have good french food, good beer and live bands in a separate room. Its also a little bit "different" and worth a visit.

Its Whore's Doovers from about 6:00 and dinner/supper from 7:30 till 2:00am. No bookings so get there early if you want a Booth.

Linky to review.

And its in the same building as Cookie, which has (IMHO) the best Thai restaurant in Melbourne as well as a huge beer list and a million tossers... go to Cookie in the afternoon for a much more pleasant experience than you get at night time. Still, there is that giant beer list.

Thirsty

Afternoon trendsetters,

Couple questions, firstly I missed out on melbourne tix for Iron Maiden so going to sydney for that show but I have got tix for Ozzy in melbourne for march 15th, thats a saturday.

The damn thing is I have just noticed that weekend is the same as the grand prix which is sounding a bit/lot painfull so I better get my stuff together pretty quickly.

For Ross
I stayed at a "great western' hotel (I think) at the top of the hill in Richmond, was cheap & cheerfull & handy for both pubs.

Was that actually called the Richmond Hill Hotel? That come up on top and cheapest in a list from a google search for cheap hotels in Richmond. this place

Merc mentioned Gunn Island as a place to stay but being grand prix weekend and that being near the track its possibly not the best option.

Anyone else going to the show? also besides the actuall great bars listed in this thread is there 'swill' :eek: joints were all the fans drink close to the gig/before/after the gig. I'am gathering the royston is not really that far from rod laver arena anyway, just wondering what all the metal heads do before shows.

Richmond hill hotel possibly the best bet for a few beds? any other ideas melbourningtons?
After a triple share if possible.

Just wanted to check before I go ahead and book it just incase theres somewhere I missing in all my searches so far, plus any other info that might be handy for that weekend.

Cheers Brewers
Jayse :super:

15_11_07_1134.jpg

The damn thing is I have just noticed that weekend is the same as the grand prix which is sounding a bit/lot painfull so I better get my stuff together pretty quickly.

Its not looking good at all so far, min 3-4 nites for all hotels/motels/park benchs. :angry:

Jayse you could try the hotel Victoria in Little Collins St (?), just around the corner from the James Squire Portland. Cheap & Cheerful, indoor pool and spa to help soak out the hangover...
Cheers!

Cheers Andrew,

I ended up finding a list of pub style accommodation last nite after giving up on the hotel/motel front, AHB guy Johnno gave me a list of possibles last nite in chat also.
So gunna make some calls shortly and hopefully will all work out nicely.
I'll post back later what I come up with for any other AHB users that might be in the same boat oneday as this threads really got a fair bit of info for travellers to melbourne.

Jayse

Any ETA for Little creatures brew pub to open on burnswick st?

I heard early December is that correct?

For Ross
Was that actually called the Richmond Hill Hotel? That come up on top and cheapest in a list from a google search for cheap hotels in Richmond. this place

Jayse :super:

Hi mate - probably too late - but yes, that was the place.

cheers Ross

You could try Hotel Bakpak in franklin st in the city. Its right near the Vic markets. I've had family stay there (in a twin room, not a dorm) and they said it was fine.

Its cheap and central.

Latest posts

Back