BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shacked and Mongey,

Your Wyeast has arrived.

Cheers Steve

Eeeeeeepic. Time to brew manuka smoked BDG!

EDIT: @mongey are you ordering anything else from Steve? If not, I can include your yeast in my order and bring it to your house to save on shipping.

Last edited:
Eeeeeeepic. Time to brew manuka smoked BDG!

EDIT: @mongey are you ordering anything else from Steve? If not, I can include your yeast in my order and bring it to your house to save on shipping.
that would be cool .not getting anything else right now

@Brewman_ you want mew to just paypal you the cash or something. how much ?

I’ll order and pay for the yeast on the site tomorrow to Keep things moving . I’ll put it as pick up as it will be packed with shacked’s order. I’ll make a note it’s me.

I just ordered online and chose pay pal but it didn't take me to any PayPal payment screen

what are your payment details ?

New Hop to Brewman.

Lemon Drop is here latest US crop.

Not yet unpacked but will be in the next day.

Hey Les,

Info Sheet below.

It is a lower Alpha US Hop compared to some of the one's we are currently used to.

See the description, I like the "Delicate enough for a quality Lager". I like a little lemon character in a lager, and I get it sometimes with Saaz, but maybe this another approach.

The stock I just received has an alpha of 5.2%.

I'll put some up on Brewbuilder, the hop store and Dealz.

Cheers Steve

upload_2019-5-29_21-40-54.png

New Hop to Brewman.
New Zealand Hort4337. This stuff smells amazing. It reminds me why I love NZ hops so much.

Available by the gram and in Dealz.

I have a final pack of NZ Rakau in Dealz. So its a 225g pack. It is not listed in Dealz and I am offering either free to the first brewer that buys 4 dealz hops and asks for it, or PM me if you want to purchase it at $9.95.

Details on Hort 4337.
Intense tropical fruit and citrus aroma characters evident during selection. Over successive commercial brewing trials in styles such as Strong Pale Ales and India Pale Ales Hort4337 has displayed high levels of tropical fruit characters of pineapple and passionfruit as well as stone fruit (peach) and citrus (grapefruit)

Breeding:
A triploid aroma type developed by New Zealand’s Plant & Food Research. HORT4337 is a full sister to Waimea

Selection:
First impressions are an intense tropical fruit and citrus aroma during selection.

Brewing:
Not clearly defined as yet as new varieties always find many applications as brewers become familiar with various nuances and behaviours. Given this hops big flavour and aroma characteristics most brewing trials have focussed on the production of bigger styles such as IPA’s, NEIPA and others.

Cheers Steve

G'day Steve, I just ordered 4 Dealz hops abd would love to try out the Hort4337. I'll also take you up on your great offer of some free Rakau. :cheers:

I'll get you to freight this lot please 'cos I won't be up your way for a few weeks.

Thanks mate.

Last edited:
G'day Steve, I just ordered 4 Dealz hops abd would love to try out the Hort4337. I'll also take you up on your great offer of some free Rakau. :cheers:

I'll get you to freight this lot please 'cos I won't be up your way for a few weeks.

Thanks mate.
Too easy!!

Cheers Steve

Sorry for the late notice..

Wyeast order today. It is new seasonals from this month.

3822-PC Belgian Dark Ale

3538-PC Leuven Pale Ale

3463-PC Forbidden Fruit

Let me know if you want any of these.

Cheers Steve

3463- PC Forbidden Fruit please Steve.

Let me know when its in and I will order a few ther items to make my Belgian Witbier

Sorry for the late notice..

Wyeast order today. It is new seasonals from this month.

3822-PC Belgian Dark Ale

3538-PC Leuven Pale Ale

3463-PC Forbidden Fruit

Let me know if you want any of these.

Cheers Steve

Far out, I don't need any more yeast but the 3822 is amazing, so please put me down for one of those.

For folks who haven't used it before, it attenuates really well, has a really balanced phenol / ester profile (not over the top) and it also produces quite a bit of acid (for sacc). Great in pale beers and even darker Belgians / stouts. Get some!!

The 3538-PC Leuven Pale Ale yeast saw some early use in these forums in TDA's Fly-Blown Blonde ale WarrenWL63's Pale ales.
Very suitable too, for a De Koninck pale ale clone, if that appeals

Far out, I don't need any more yeast but the 3822 is amazing, so please put me down for one of those.

For folks who haven't used it before, it attenuates really well, has a really balanced phenol / ester profile (not over the top) and it also produces quite a bit of acid (for sacc). Great in pale beers and even darker Belgians / stouts. Get some!!
I'm in the same boat, but I'll take your recommendation. One 3822 for me too please Steve. I'll look at the other 2 PC releases when I get home tonight.

I'm in the same boat, but I'll take your recommendation. One 3822 for me too please Steve. I'll look at the other 2 PC releases when I get home tonight.

I did a 70% vienna / 30% wheat with 8 IBU FWH and the following in the WP: Whitbread goldings and challenger (+10IBU) + chamomile flowers. Was amazing.

Sorry the order went in yesterday.

These are available for 3 months, so I can put you down for the next order?

Apologies.

Latest posts

Back