BrewKeg 50

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that comes in under $1200 it would certainly have to come into consideration for many brewers making that step to conical . Be nice to know dimensions and such, I'll have to go over the rest of the info you linked. Looks good.

Looks like a 50L version of the WW without the glycol chiller and gas. The clarifier dosing accessory looks like it was take straight from the WW. Probably a very well made piece of gear.

Looks like Williamswarn have finally made a good, reasonably priced product :p
All jokes aside, this actually looks like a good piece of gear
Personally I'd rather a 60L fermentation ability (so 65ish litres total) but this would be a good setup for doubles

Like others they have missed listing the vital stats. Noted (to all manufacturers/retailers) this is something that pisses me off, if I'm going to shop online I want to know if the damn thing is going to fit where I intend to use it. Be that a conical a kettle or mashtun. SIZE MATTERS!

Otherwise I just need to choose which child to sell.

MB

P.S. ok I not really going to sell one of the kids, but they may have to start paying board.

I haven't seen one in the flesh - but by the looks of the video I watched it is a 50L keg with a conical section replacing one of the dish ends.

The VPRv and pRV are identical to what is on the 30L WW. The lid is much smaller.

I can bet that the max pressure is 300kPa - given that 220kPa is ~ 3 volumes of CO2 in a 30L fermenter - thats enough pressure for almost any style.

The sediment trap looks bigger volumetrically - and the dump pot in the bottom looks interesting

Dont flame me - but when I last spoke to Ian (about 18 months ago now) he did say that WW were looking at a multi purpose 50L unit but one that would be AIMED not just at the Can of Goo market.

Personally the bulk of these is an issue for me - but for those with a coolroom - look the goods.

RM

Perhaps the sensationalist thread title might be better changed to reflect the brew keg as the content, or are we talking about Kiwi quality in general? For the benefit of future searchers (granted the search function isn't used as often as it should be).
Interesting concept, seems like they're trying to create a market and am keen to see if they pull it off.

TheWiggman said:
Perhaps the sensationalist thread title might be better changed to reflect the brew keg as the content, or are we talking about Kiwi quality in general? For the benefit of future searchers (granted the search function isn't used as often as it should be).
Interesting concept, seems like they're trying to create a market and am keen to see if they pull it off.
Indeed you are right

From the battering me and the other Williams Warn Fanboys have received I was a bit gunshy and a little tongue in cheek. Putting Williamswarn anywhere near the title would have started the whole thing off on the wrong foot.

For what it is - the title should be "50L Conical Pressurised Fermenter made in New Zealand - **** Yeah"

RM

DU99 said:
One Unit One Beer
If you choose not to bottle or transfer to one of your 14 kegs.
Then again if you've filled all your bottles and the 14 kegs, you have the option of tappin your latest creation till there's an empty.

Yeah I know, when the bloody hell am I ever going to need 330L of beer on tap all at once? I have issues Yob isn't making it any easier.

MastersBrewery said:
Yeah I know, when the bloody hell am I ever going to need 330L of beer on tap all at once?
I thought you where serious there for a minute.......

When I read the title of your post I thought I was going to see this:

kiwi sheep.jpg

^
I think the "Williams Warn Fanboys" might prefer gumboots down back. :)

Unexciting really, it looks frikkin huge for 50l

For the price that it's going to be door to door, I can get 5 x 50l stainless Aginox 50l fv,s (roughly)

Guess how much sediment I get into the keg after I cold crash without the need for 3 foot of extra parts... And I can fit 2 in an all fridge...

Meh.

Yob said:
Unexciting really, it looks frikkin huge for 50l

For the price that it's going to be door to door, I can get 5 x 50l stainless Aginox 50l fv,s (roughly)

Guess how much sediment I get into the keg after I cold crash without the need for 3 foot of extra parts... And I can fit 2 in an all fridge...

Meh.
Yob

I agree - the segment pot thing in my opinion is not required - I don't use mine anymore - just cold crash and filter. Clearly the cradle is required and yeah - the height looks a bit cumbersome.

I assume that these will be available in the US and Australia eventually so shipping shouldnt be an issue. Looking at that patent diagram these are times directly at the US market.

Do the Aginox 50L kegs have a conical bottom? Do they have a lid that allows you to get in and clean?

Didn't think so - so not really a valid point given that I could buy 20 or so Corny Kegs for that price - that also allow for pressure fermentation - but I wouldn't.

RM

roger mellie said:
Yob

Do the Aginox 50L kegs have a conical bottom? No, why does it need one?

Do they have a lid that allows you to get in and clean? ermm.. yes? quite a good size one..

so not really a valid point.. Point is.. as I said, I can put 2 of them in a iddy biddy fridge to ferment/cold crash without the need for a whopping great cool room...
For commercial usage see points below

Not mentioned on website

* Excise licencing required to do so and sell it
** State production licence to do so and sell it
*** Waste management plans.
**** food health and safety requirements.

etc etc..

I'm not bashing the product, or the eventual users (yet) Roger so knock that chip off old boy..

apart from the obvious bling factor, why does it have to have a conical base? as noted above, I don't get shit on transfer so I don't need it for that,

yeast collection? Pfft.. I do OK without a conical..

so it takes up twice the space and doesn't do anything that my Aginox FV's cope with?...

Keg king kegmentor is only $289 does much the same thing without the conical bottom.

TheWiggman said:
You raise very good points Wiggman...Title changed.

Latest posts

Back