Brewiser Plastic Bottles/coopers Lids - Do They Seal Okay?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently bought some second-hand Brewiser pet bottles without caps, and was told that Coopers caps don't seal on them. Although once I compared the two bottles (Coopers and Brewiser) side by side, the thread seems to be the same on each.
(Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, I just don't want flat beer... who would really?!) Is it okay to use Coopers caps on Brewiser bottles?
Cheers :icon_cheers:

Do a little experiment. --- fill a plastic bottle 3\4 full with hot tap water & seal with a Coopers cap. Shake well to create a little pressure & then test for leaks with soapy water. Never actually done this but should work ok.

TP

Thanks TP,
I like the line of thought. I tried your suggested method with mixed success (the bottle actually deflated when the cooler soapy water hit it), but I decided to put a sealed empty bottle totally under water and then squeezed it as hard as I could. No air bubbles came out, so I assume that the caps are just fine.
Cheers mate,
Velcro

I haven't used this specific PETs, but I use all manner of soft drink bottles all the time and mix up the lids. Never had a problem with sealing.

Thanks TP,
I like the line of thought. I tried your suggested method with mixed success (the bottle actually deflated when the cooler soapy water hit it), but I decided to put a sealed empty bottle totally under water and then squeezed it as hard as I could. No air bubbles came out, so I assume that the caps are just fine.
Cheers mate,
Velcro

I should have added to turn the bottle upside down & just squirt the soapy water around the bottle thread & cap but all's well that ends well I guess.

TP

Latest posts

Back