Brewing Softwear

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregs

Kevs nude brewing bothers me!
Reaction score
I recently down loaded a trile veresion of (Beer Smith), had a tinker with the batch sizes but it didn't seem to make sence. I enterd a 40 litre batch size for an all grain Wit beer & it tells me in the end, to add water after the mash to make up the volume to 19.68 litres for the final boil. It does this with every recipy even though it knows my equipment size has a cappacity of 60 litres. Any help would be appreciated.

I recently down loaded a trile veresion of (Beer Smith), had a tinker with the batch sizes but it didn't seem to make sence. I enterd a 40 litre batch size for an all grain Wit beer & it tells me in the end, to add water after the mash to make up the volume to 19.68 litres for the final boil. It does this with every recipy even though it knows my equipment size has a cappacity of 60 litres. Any help would be appreciated.
You have to make sure you have the boil volume correct, unless you are letting beersmith do this for you, in which case check the details you have entered for your equipment.
I had to make sure it would default new recipes to the profile for my equipment too.

Maybe add a screenshot or a recipe export so we can see what settings you have for your equipment and boil volume...

I reckon you might have crunched your numbers incorrectly, if your maths is anything like your English. This forum's generally pretty relaxed about spelling and grammar, but that's bloody atrocious.

Brad Beersmith would be the best or maybe Andrew to help as they know all the tricks but I will have a stab.

Have you set up an equipment profile?
Have you "set the boil volume based on equipment" ticked ?

Here is a shot of equip for 2 dead kegs to give you a bit of an idea.
New_2.jpg

- Luke

Gregs,

As Lukes said, setting up your equipment correctly is essential when first using Beersmith, follow the link for help with setting up
Equipment setup .

If you feel you have setup your equipment properly the next thing to check is:

Click on "tools"> "options" and make sure "fix boil volume based on equipment" is ticked.

And from within a recipe your creating make sure "Set boil volume based on equipment" is ticked.

If none of this helps let us know.

Cheers
Andrew

Back