Brewing Podcast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also throw my support behind most of the BN's stuff, same with basic brewing.

I downloaded a few brewbubbas podcasts... never again. it took me 3 goes just to get through a single episode. also the craft brewer radio stuff is ok, but I would not go out of my way to download it.

I thought i'd give The Brewing Network a crack
It took 17 minutes until they started actually talking about the topic on hand.
The answers to listeners questions were waffle, and I didn't feel they even answered the questions at all.
Yep, that's the major complaint I have also, you really have to listen to them using a player with fast-forward capabilities (also to skip the American-oriented-adverts).
On a basic MP3 player - in a situation where you can't see the show title (like driving the car and portable MP3 player) - it can sometimes take them up to 5-10mins just to mention what the show is about!
Having said that, if you can filter the waffle, there is stacks of really good information, also after a time you get more used to the in-jokes and the guff/padding can even be amusing at times.

I don't mind listing to BBR, however I tend to feel their approach is less analytical or scientific than what you'll find on TBN, so I often get frustrated and want more in-depth information.

Hey JD
I would recommend that you start on the basic topics such as cleaning, sanitization, bottling & kegging, yeast (multiple topics), fermentation temp control, attenuation etc. Once you have the basics sorted, then move onto things like water quality. Some of that other stuff may be a bit scary, as they get pretty involved in some topics. I think they get too serious on some topics.
Hey, I might even get flamed here for telling you that, but that would be my advise to you anyway.

Gregor

Hey - How about i'll just stick to the topics that interest me?!

Hey - How about i'll just stick to the topics that interest me?!

Just trying to help you with the basics of brewing. You said you are a noob and alot of these other topics get fairly confusing if you havent got a good understanding of the basics.
Good luck.

Back