Brewing/ Making Low Alcohol Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coalminer said:
Is that based on Brewbuilders Budget Blonde Mild?
I have brewed a heap of that and it is part of my staple diet
Well yes and no, the one in BrewBuilder is based on mine, its evolved since I put that one in BrewBuilder.
I have been playing around with the mash profile, trying to get as much B-Glucanase activity as possible, a fair amount of Proteinase then a jump to Alpha peak with the pH. optimised for Alpha and trying to do everything I can to kill off Beta Amylase, quite a novel mash programme but its getting there, a few minor tweaks and I think it will be ready to go commercial.
Mark

Mark, would you care to elaborate more on your mash schedule. Or am I prying to far into your commercial interests.

Cheers

Hey there,

I brew a 2% ish beer regularly, started doing it for my breastfeeding wife.
High mash temp, flavoursome base malt, lots of light crystal, some unmalted wheat or rolled oats, most of the ibus from lots of late hops, and a low attenuating yeast. I cube it strong, and dilute into the fermenter.

If i offer it to visitors as a 2% beer theres never any takers, but if i just offer them a beer and give them my 2%er, theres never any complaints.

Yeast is key, I usually use mangrove jacks m03 yeast, last batch i used us05 cos i wanted to use it as a big starter for some bigger beers; was a big mistake. Gave it some extra dry hops, but it doesnt cover up the thinnesss.

Rye can make it feel a bit thicker adds an extra dimension too. Just have to watch for stuck spurges or use rice gulls.

Latest posts

Back