Brewing Lagers - Using A Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have my diagram any more - each one would be different - can you post a pic of your wiring diagram? Have you bought an extension lead?

I have a lead, and this is the diagram i got man

Untitled.jpg

I have a lead, and this is the diagram i got man

Hmmm - they go all out with info don't they. I'm guessing that's all the directions given?

Disclaimer! I'm not a sparky - never, not even a bit!... you might want to ask for another to check?

9 and 10 are for your temp probe - easy.

your 'active' from your male plug goes in 1
your 'active from your female plug goes in 2
your negative from your male plug goes in 11
your negative from your female plug goes in 12

is there an inline fuse? if one came with the box it should go into 4 + 5 [ it may be hard wired inside and not viewable]

it's a good idea to buy a small box [see dick smith] to mount your purchase in.

Again - I'd get a second opinion - one wrong wire and there goes your dough :( My diagram was little easier to work out!

Hendo

Hmmm - they go all out with info don't they. I'm guessing that's all the directions given?

Disclaimer! I'm not a sparky - never, not even a bit!... you might want to ask for another to check?

9 and 10 are for your temp probe - easy.

your 'active' from your male plug goes in 1
your 'active from your female plug goes in 2
your negative from your male plug goes in 11
your negative from your female plug goes in 12

is there an inline fuse? if one came with the box it should go into 4 + 5 [ it may be hard wired inside and not viewable]

it's a good idea to buy a small box [see dick smith] to mount your purchase in.

Again - I'd get a second opinion - one wrong wire and there goes your dough :( My diagram was little easier to work out!

Hendo

Wow, here is a case of the blind leading the blind.
This reply is wrong, as is the wiring diagram...
Get someone to do it for you that has a clue.

Drewcifer, look at this thread. http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...mp;#entry367165.

The photo that "Crunched" posts is how you should be wiring yours. The wiring diagram you have is correct, but confusing.

1 & 11=Active

2=Switched Active

12=Neutral

Edit, noticed your diagram doesn't show an "earth" connection, it would be a good idea to earth the box somehow.

I'm sorry, but that diagram shows your switched active going to the neutral.

Your linked diagram is correct, and should be easy to follow.

That is correct Budwiser, the switched active goes to neutral via the "load" (fridge) first to complete the circuit.

Oh yea, I see it now....not very clear, you are right.
Cheers,
Bud

Wow, here is a case of the blind leading the blind.
This reply is wrong, as is the wiring diagram...
Get someone to do it for you that has a clue.

I think the diagram is ok. my fridgemate is conected that way and works but the conections on top of its case are wrong I reckon.

Ohk, well i still have not connected the unit until today when my lager has finished ready to bottle and i have decided i need to wire it up this weekend! help is needed and the best thing i could get would be a diagram like below relevant to the diagram i have already posted, cheers

gallery_7556_294_29011.jpg

Bump, well i have connected the wires but i don'e know what to do with the earth wires (green/yellow 1s)!

in the diagram you posted it shows it connected to GND, GND = earth.

Latest posts

Back