Brewing In Your Suburb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonMac

Reaction score
I live at (Henley Beach in Adelaide) and often catch the drifting aromo from a grain brewer or two in my area unknown to me. I am an a/g brewer of several years and wonder if others thinking of taking the step into a/g brewing think, I would very much like to pop in and check out the process, equipment and sample the product. I am happy to show any one local about to get into grain brewing my gear (basic as it is) and the way I go about it. You can P.M. for more info. I hope that others fom all over may join in and help out your interested locals. Don.

If they're interested, they'll already be here and probably in contact via a local brew club. I know all the AG brewers in my postcode. If I don't, we'll find them and incorporate them into the Woonona Order of Grain. 2517 for life!

Good ya DonMac,

Don helped me out a couple of years back in drilling a hole in my new 70L pot.

Every time I clean my pot, install the pick up tube you bent up and place that big fat braid in the mash tun you gave me I say a little "God bless you Don"

You couldn't meet a nicer more helpful guy and anyone looking to get into Ag around that area couldn't get a better help or advice.

Cheers to you Don :beer:

BB

I recently discovered my neighbour is AG brewing, hes acutally doughing in on a APA right now,
looking forward to the smell of boil later,

Its certainly not the rare hobby that it was only a couple of years ago.

If they're interested, they'll already be here and probably in contact via a local brew club. I know all the AG brewers in my postcode. If I don't, we'll find them and incorporate them into the Woonona Order of Grain. 2517 for life!

PostModern is spot on, anyway for me at least, I discovered AHB when I started to play with extract brewing and GMK invited me to some club meets and a few all grain days. Then I was hooked went from extract to partial to BIAB to AG in about 6 to 8 months once I started to get my confidence up. The fellas at Barossa Brewing Club are a great lot and have been a great help to me they have help me turn a hobby into an addiction, if I could get away with it I'd brew all grain, all day, everyday I love it.

Whoo Hoo post 100

Enoch is only under 1km away from me. I sms'd him once and told him to go outside and smell the 60min addition.
Whenever i drive past a brewery i always wind the windows down and have a sniff. Sometimes it's hop time :)

Just dont tell them to turn down their music...

I know all the AG brewers in my postcode. If I don't, we'll find them and incorporate them into the Woonona Order of Grain. 2517 for life!

I think it was Groucho Marx who said something like "I won't be a member of a club that want me as a member !

WOG 2517 .. it's that sought of uppity bourgeousie style crap that makes ex 2519s leave the suburbs for the country.

Founding and life member of "T H E B A G M A N"

(Tuross Head extract brewers all grain mashers and .... I'll think of something stunning to start with N later)

Just dont tell them to turn down their music...

That was the on the other side of the line from me, literally and metaphorically. (EDIT: Ooops, just metaphorically, it turns out. Other side of the Highway anyway)

Scotty, who I think is almost literally a stone's throw away, and I recently discovered that we have almost identical tastes in music. If anything, I might be telling him to turn it up...

I think it was Groucho Marx who said something like "I won't be a member of a club that want me as a member !

WOG 2517 .. it's that sought of uppity bourgeousie style crap that makes ex 2519s leave the suburbs for the country.
(Tuross Head extract brewers all grain mashers and .... I'll think of something stunning to start with N later)

No chillers?

Im lucky..brew shop less than 2 minutes away so i meet all sorts in there all the time.

As for neighbours brewing...i only have one and im 100% sure she does not brew. The other side of my fence is a high school. I've always wonderd if i'd get in trouble selling longnecks through the fence to > year 9 students hahahaha

FG, you're part of the IBU's just like the sacred WOG and that mob of splitters from West Albion Park.

No chillers?

Good one!

Scotty, who I think is almost literally a stone's throw away, and I recently discovered that we have almost identical tastes in music. If anything, I might be telling him to turn it up...

Brother in Arms, HB and 1990's Guitar Rock!

FG, you're part of the IBU's just like the sacred WOG and that mob of splitters from West Albion Park.
Good one!
Part Of The Union
by Ford/Hudson, (The Strawbs)
Now I'm a union man
Amazed at what I am
I say what I think
That the company stinks
Yes I'm a union man.

When we meet in the local hall
I'll be voting with them all
With a hell of a shout
It's out brothers out
And the rise of the factory's fall.

Oh you don't get me I'm part of the union
You don't get me I'm part of the union
Till the day I die, till the day I die.

As a union man I'm wise
To the lies of the company spies
And I don't get fooled
By the factory rules
'Cause I always read between the lines.

And I always get my way
If I strike for higher pay
When I show my card
To the Scotland Yard
This what I say.

Till the day I die, till the day I die.

Before the union did appear
My life was half as clear
Now I've got the power
To the working hour
And every other day of the year.

So though I'm a working man
I can ruin the government's plan
Though I'm not too hard
The sight of my card
Makes me some kind of superman.

Till the day I die, till the day I die

potu_so2.jpg

I am holding your evil Eagles CD hostage. A keg of your beer not infested with Ray-taint is the ransom.

Scotty

PS. what was it with Kenny Loggins and the cheap flanno??

I recently got a counterflow wort chiller from donmac and a few bits and peices. Was a top bloke
I also have met with the barossa brewers club they have helped me out a lot.

Enoch is only under 1km away from me. I sms'd him once and told him to go outside and smell the 60min addition.
Sadly I was till slaving over a hot spreadsheet at work at the time - oh to be able to do mid week brewing.
So are you back local John? That hefe is still waiting.

I live at (Henley Beach in Adelaide) and often catch the drifting aromo from a grain brewer or two in my area unknown to me. I am an a/g brewer of several years and wonder if others thinking of taking the step into a/g brewing think, I would very much like to pop in and check out the process, equipment and sample the product. I am happy to show any one local about to get into grain brewing my gear (basic as it is) and the way I go about it. You can P.M. for more info. I hope that others fom all over may join in and help out your interested locals. Don.

I hope from the above page and a bit of commaraderie, DonMac, that you can appreciate what fellow brewers go thru. I hope some locals get in touch as a result of your post.

Cheers,
PoMo.

PS Anyone in Woonona:2517 who hasn't joined the IBUs yet, contact me and Ill get you in touch.

Latest posts

Back