Brewery starting to take shape

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattSR

Reaction score
(Apologies for the slight cross post from another forum - I just had to share this here as well)

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share in my good news - one of our sellers here in Australia (Grain and Grape) had a discount on Braumeisters, so I splashed out and bought a shiny new 50L model. Can't wait for it to arrive. I ordered a few upgrades - such as the ball valve instead of the standard Speidel cock (heh) and the thermojacket and copper hood. I also have a counterflow chiller ready to go with it, and also have my Birko urn from when I tried BIAB - which will come in handy if I decide to sparge with the Brau.

The other bits I need to complete is the build of my grain mill, which is a motorised MillMaster Mk2. I purchased the Motion Dynamics motor/gearbox combo and a LoveJoy coupler to suit. I just need to fabricate a decent stand and a hooper for it and cable it all up, then it will be all good to go. Next up, is adding a temp controller such as an STC-1000 to a bar fridge I have stored away, and that will be my fermenting fridge - luckily it can just fit a 60 litre fermy so it will be a great companion for the 50L Brau.

The kegerator is all done and is ready to go - at least something is complete!!

Finally, I can see this starting to take shape!

Sounds awesome, and will be a pretty awesome stupid by the sound of it. When and whatiis the first brew?

sounds good Matt.

Keep that Birko urn because you will be sparging :D

I only have a 20L BM and I pull the malt pipe and let it drain for 20mins while the the heat ramps up to 100c. I used to run the sparge water right through the malt pipe into the kettle but nowadays I transfer the malt to a seperate lauter tun ( plastic pale bucket with cistern SS mesh ) , add my sparge water and batch sparge. I have done the same with the lauter and fly sparged from an 8lts urn which was a bit of fn around but made it a bit like 3v brewing which was a bit of fun.

When you do your maiden run post some pics of the session.

Adr_0 said:
Sounds awesome, and will be a pretty awesome stupid by the sound of it. When and whatiis the first brew?
Will be a pretty awesome SETUP... :s

Back