Breweries, Brew Pubs In New York Area?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got home from the Astoria beer garden in Queens NYC and sampled many beers the two standouts were Hennepin farmhouse saison and the ever reliable Hoergarden which i have only had in bottle before but let me tell you it is something else on tap, anyone going to new York i sugest you stop in here, especially good after a mets win :)

I hear ya syd...I wish I was back over there again. :super:

Just got back from NYC. Managed to get to the Blind Tiger Alehouse, Hop Devil Grill and Mugs Alehouse. All great venues. Mugs and Blind Tiger in particular had 15+ beers on tap plus vast numbers of bottles. The supermarkets are the thing though. I found one that sold singles and has taking home 6 packs of some of the best US beers, SN, Fat Tire, Stone, Green Flash, Smutty Nose etc. Interestingly most places have a good range of the best known Belgians as well. Oh and as reported for any of the above it's about the same price as we pay for VB. The US has a lot of problems but they thrash us soundly on the beer front.

Was at the house of brews on 51st manhattan and was amazed at the beer selection the most notable though were the dogfishead 120min IPA 18.5% Sam Adams imperial white 11% and Arrogant ******* ale 10% needless to say I stumbled out of there after only a handfull of beers, from what iremember the food was good too +++1 highly recomend also the view from the top of the empire state building is a lot more profound when half cut

Latest posts

Back