Brewdog...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy

Ahh Glasshopper
Reaction score
Spoiler...

Brewdog-The-End-of-History-3.png

This is stupid, if it is all about the beer and flavour then drop the stupid packaging gimmick and knock $200 off the price......not cutting edge.......not smart marketing.....just tyring too hard....

...not cutting edge...

I'm not an enormous fan of how this brewery operates (or brews for that matter) but to say that this isn't edgy is pretty nonsensical. If bottling your beer inside dead animals and then further humiliating those animals by dressing them up in black tie doesn't push the boundaries of society's norms then I don't know what might.

To get the brew to 55% ABV though, that is a noodle scratcher.

Icebock? Distillation? Other? :huh:

Considering there are only 12 bottles being made, the fact we are talking about it means that the marketing has done it's job.

And FTR, I've enjoyed the few brewdog beers I've had. Not interested in this, Sink the Bismark or Tactical Nuclear Penguin though cause for those dollars I can buy a nice scotch :icon_drool2:
This is stupid, if it is all about the beer and flavour then drop the stupid packaging gimmick and knock $200 off the price......not cutting edge.......not smart marketing.....just tyring too hard....

I'm not an enormous fan of how this brewery operates (or brews for that matter) but to say that this isn't edgy is pretty nonsensical. If bottling your beer inside dead animals and then further humiliating those animals by dressing them up in black tie doesn't push the boundaries of society's norms then I don't know what might.

Ok so maybe it is edgy, but sometimes just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

From a brand marketing point of view to me this company now cares more about being different than brewing great/interesting beer......

Ok so maybe it is edgy, but sometimes just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

From a brand marketing point of view to me this company now cares more about being different than brewing great/interesting beer......

Agreed that the marketing is a wank, but they do brew great/interesting beer. To my tastes anyway. I'll never try one of their really strong beers (beer that strong just doesn't appeal to me), but I have tried some of their IPA's, lagers and imperial stouts and they were all excellent.

How is this marketing any different to some other major brands out there? Pepsi? Coke? Apple? FFS, it's beter than the ridiculous "pure blonde" ads, and don't get me started on the Bundy Bear, fking wanker that he is.

They're getting their name out there. Good on them. As well as the gimmicks, they also make some pretty damn nice beers. Why the hell are we holding them to a higher standard than all these other rubbish brands that try and build wanky images?

Anyone old chump can make good beer, establishing a product is a completely different story. These guys are doing a good job of making Brewdog a household name...

How is this marketing any different to some other major brands out there? Pepsi? Coke? Apple? FFS, it's beter than the ridiculous "pure blonde" ads, and don't get me started on the Bundy Bear, fking wanker that he is.

They're getting their name out there. Good on them. As well as the gimmicks, they also make some pretty damn nice beers. Why the hell are we holding them to a higher standard than all these other rubbish brands that try and build wanky images?

Becasue they are trying to be authentic and brew beer for beer/flavour sake.....anyway it is up to everyone to form their own opinions and support whatever brands you want.

Say what? Have you read the labels on their bottles? Brewdog have always been as much about image as they are about beer.To suggest otherwise is just ignorance.

So I'll ask again - why hold them to a higher standard than other marketers? Their marketing has been incredibly effective, and despite the wankery associated with it (and it IS wankerish, I'm not arguing it's not), I'd say their marketing is far more sincere then "Coca Cola - Always" or "Pure Blonde - From a place much more pure than yours".

I mean, let's actually consider the product. They're making 12 bottles. Clearly they aren't intending a mass market of this and to blow away the competition with volume. They're looking for a collectors market. To say that something like this doesn't appeal to a certain niche market... well, I don't know how anyone could argue that.

:icon_offtopic: I dunno if it's your way with words, or the 4 longnecks of IIPA I've had tonight, but my eyes are watering.

Classic bum.

Back on topic, I actually think it's pretty clever. If souvenir shops can get away with putting boxer shorts and gloves on dead cane toads, then why not? These kind of articles get the brewery's name out there. If I was in a UK bottle shop and saw a more reasonably priced Brew Dog beer, I would probably buy that over something else on the shelf.

If you had a spare 500 burning a hole in your pocket, would you drink it? I suspect it would be a very shrewd investment in breweriana.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin was the bomb!! Wonder if any of this will make it to Australia! And this marketing approach their taking is clearly working because we are talking about it!

GOLD!

At first i thought it was a chipmunk drinking a bottle then i realised you would have to look the critter in the eye as you drank from the bottle.

A classic case of "we did cause we can"

And for an earlier question... i believe they give them the eisbock treatment.

If i had the cash......... id get one!

Well I can only hope that the 12 dickheads that buy them, get rabies from that rodent and we improve the gene pool somewhat <_<

I love it. Got a great laugh around the office this morning.

Anyone got a review of the actual beer

At first i thought it was a chipmunk drinking a bottle then i realised you would have to look the critter in the eye as you drank from the bottle.

Hehe, yeah you couldn't decant this one.

Meh. I really like Brewdog, but this constant "let's get it even higher in %" jusst strikes me as masturbation in its most indulgent kind. I love their beers- the bashash is great and the storm IPA is just fantastic- but this sort of stuff is just silly.

This is ridiculous! This makes me want to stop buying there beers.

Latest posts

Back