Brewdog Punk Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new tamed down version we are drinking today sounds much less aggressive, Ibu and alcohol lowered from the original recipe.

Punk v Punk version 2 :drinks:

The new tamed down version we are drinking today sounds much less aggressive, Ibu and alcohol lowered from the original recipe.

Punk v Punk version 2 :drinks:

Aw wat, will have to nip down to Dan's today as haven't had it for a few months.

New version stats dont look as nice but if they think it will be better I trust them.
ABV: 5.6%
OG:1053
IBUs:45
Hops:Chinook, Simcoe, Ahtanum, Nelson Sauvin

Aw wat, will have to nip down to Dan's today as haven't had it for a few months.

New version stats dont look as nice but if they think it will be better I trust them.

Dans in Caulfield has the old Punk still.

Has anyone seen the 660mL bottles in Australia?

Dans in Caulfield has the old Punk still.

Has anyone seen the 660mL bottles in Australia?

My Local Dans had about 2 cartons of the old stuff, will grab a small amount to compare to when I find the new stuff.

Anyone have a reliable and good AG recipe for this amazing brew?

I'm going to have to try this one again. I found it to be really thin, out of balance and completely headless.
Cheers, John.

Innes said:
This extract recipe featured in the Jan-Feb 2010 BYO Magazine.

Brewdog Punk IPA Clone

19L
OG: 1.060
FG: 1.014
ABV: 6.0%
IBU: 62
SRM: 8

0.91Kg Maris Otter Pale Malt
1.4Kg Muntons Extra Light DME
1.5Kg Muntons Extra Light LME (late addition)
43g Columbus 11.0%AA 90mins
28g Ahtanum 8.0%AA 0mins
28g Amarillo dry hop

WLP007 Dry English Ale

Hope this helps.

Innes, can you give me a basic step by step instruction for this please? I'm new to extract, I only usually do the kits!

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back