Brewdog / Mikkeller Collab, Shared Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samhaldane

Reaction score
Any Sydney beer geeks interested in getting some of this and splitting the shipping?

http://brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=345

It sounds pretty good. I've had both the Brewdog Hardcore and the Mikkeller I Beat U and they are both great.

I'm looking to place an order for a case, which works out to be $6.80 per bottle (assuming customs don't charge any duty) sometime in the next couple of days.

Please reply here or PM me if you are interested.

Sam

Any Sydney beer geeks interested in getting some of this and splitting the shipping?

http://brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=345

It sounds pretty good. I've had both the Brewdog Hardcore and the Mikkeller I Beat U and they are both great.

I'm looking to place an order for a case, which works out to be $6.80 per bottle (assuming customs don't charge any duty) sometime in the next couple of days.

Please reply here or PM me if you are interested.

Sam

I'd go for six, but I don't think I'd want a half case. Sign me up!

I'll go a couple of bottles (up to 4 if needed to fill the order).

haldini: 6
<via PM>: 6
<via twitter>: 3
Nick R: 6
mrs eyres: 2
barls: 4
Stuster: 2

total so far: 29

Shipping is the same for an order of two cases, so the more the merrier!

edit: added total

I wouldn't assume they won't charge any duty. If its declared as alcohol I reckon they will be all over it. Have a look here: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp and scroll down to example 2 near the bottom. Using that example you might be looking at 50% of the value added on as taxes.

I wouldn't assume they won't charge any duty. If its declared as alcohol I reckon they will be all over it. Have a look here: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp and scroll down to example 2 near the bottom. Using that example you might be looking at 50% of the value added on as taxes.

I have brought in a few Brewdog orders and haven't been charged anything by customs yet. They always describe the contents as 'yeast samples'.

Note that WET doesn't apply to beer, so we would be looking at GST + duty of 5% I think.

<via twitter #1>: 3
<via twitter #2>: 6

total so far: 35

<via twitter #1>: 3
<via twitter #2>: 6
<via PM>: 3

total so far: 38

Great, that's 42. I will get the other 6 as spares ;) , so I'll put in the order now.

If anyone really wants a spare, let me know.

Here are the final order details:

===================
Order Details
===================
I Hardcore You (12 x 330ml I Hardcore You 9.5%) x 4 @ 26.99

Total Cost 147.96

So that's $5.35 per bottle.

I'll post back here when they arrive, thanks all!

Here are the final order details:

So that's $5.35 per bottle.

I'll post back here when they arrive, thanks all!

Are you eligible for a VAT refund if it isn't destined for the UK market?
:scratchhead:

I have brought in a few Brewdog orders and haven't been charged anything by customs yet. They always describe the contents as 'yeast samples'.

Note that WET doesn't apply to beer, so we would be looking at GST + duty of 5% I think.

Ah "yeast samples", sounds like you're sorted then. I might have to look into getting some myself in the future.

Ah "yeast samples", sounds like you're sorted then. I might have to look into getting some myself in the future.

Yeah. 'Yeast samples for analysis' is the actual wording. I'll analyse them good! :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back