Brewdog coming to Brissie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrewDog deal a win for craft beer lovers. Not so for Queensland brewers

by Matt Kirkegaard, ABC News 9 Feb 2018

Many Australian craft beer drinkers rejoiced this week with the announcement that Scottish craft brewer BrewDog will be building a new brewery in Brisbane.

BrewDog, the self-proclaimed anti-business business, has made a name for itself over the years as much for its attention-grabbing hijinks as for its brews.

This is the brewery that created what was then the world's strongest beer — Tactical Nuclear Penguin — a 32 per cent ice-distilled stout. When the former record holder, a German brewery, brewed a 40 per cent beer BrewDog hit back with a 41 per cent ale they called Sink the Bismarck.

The silliness ended with a 55 per cent Belgian ale infused with Scottish Highland nettles and fresh juniper berries.

The 11 bottles produced were packaged in stuffed dead animals dressed in "eccentric outfits". To achieve this the brewers collected dead stoats and squirrels and had a local taxidermist prepare them.

When the UK alcohol industry watchdog took objection to a BrewDog beer named Speedball — named after the cocktail of drugs that killed actors John Belushi and River Phoenix — and then an 18.2 per cent beer called Tokyo, the company responded with a 0.5 per cent beer they called Nanny State.

Such high-end public relations theatre has guaranteed headlines and free publicity. The brewer's diverse range of beers have also won an army of adherents worldwide, with more than 50,000 investing in the business through its crowd-funding program Equity for Punks.

continued at: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-09/australian-craft-beer-brewdog-queensland/9404152

Or maybe i need "a" beer. It was early in the afternoon when i wrote that. Ibe had my breakfast stout now [emoji38]

Or maybe i need "a" beer. It was early in the afternoon when i wrote that. Ibe had my breakfast stout now [emoji38]

Always good to have a early afternoon "head-clearing" beer

Latest posts

Back