Brewdog coming to Brissie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EalingDrop

Reaction score
Lucky Queenslanders!

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blo...home+in+Australia&utm_campaign=Australia+EFPs

1517579853Brisbane_1.LEAD.jpg

Has been in the works since early last year - super exciting for locals but agree the location isn't somewhere I'd be visiting otherwise...

It's also pretty surprising that they're only installing a 50 hl brewery.... if they're planning on supplying all Australia with that, they may have their work cut out?

Will definitely be paying them a visit though!

Testing the market? Very interested what they can do with local ingredients, although their UK recipe are quite antipodean centric anyway. Curious to see what they're putting into the Aussie Punk IPA!

do uber allow split fares? :cheers:

p.s how's the red ale going? should be nearly done?
Hell yeah!

Red ale is going gangbusters, krausen has just kept building over the last few days, I think if I checked it now I would be tempting fate.... will check on friday. Good thing I pitched Saturday night, sunday was a write-off [emoji51]

are there lytton road buses ?

pretty close to my house :)

Bus goes from Toombul to DFO to Garden City and back so if you want to go by bus the 590 most days.

"We are stoked to announce that we have settled on a kick-ass location in Brisbane's Murrarie area, right on the river!

Brissie is awesome. We loved it from the moment we first set foot there. The passion and knowledge of the beer community is infectious. We can't wait to work along side and collaborate with the talented local breweries we're proud to call our peers in the Sunshine State.

Check out why we chose Brisvegas as our Australian home base on our blog" this is from email i got

Testing the market? Very interested what they can do with local ingredients, although their UK recipe are quite antipodean centric anyway. Curious to see what they're putting into the Aussie Punk IPA!
I can't see why it would be any different to the Punk IPA produced in the UK or US...

I am sure that they will showcase plenty of local ingredients in non-core beers though, given the fact that they've already done single hop IPAs with most of the popular southern hemisphere hops.

"local breweries we're proud to call our peers in the Sunshine State."
[quoting Brewdog]
How friggin arrogant. They haven't brewed a drop in Qld yet but they have already elevated themselves to at least the equal of other local breweries.

For Christ's sake people, don't get sucked in to their PR.

Brewdog - makers of plastic beer for plastic people.

How friggin arrogant. They haven't brewed a drop in Qld yet but they have already elevated themselves to at least the equal of other local breweries.

For Christ's sake people, don't get sucked in to their PR.

Brewdog - makers of plastic beer for plastic people.
James (founder) of BrewDog has visited most of the craft breweries and bars in Brisbane worth having a beer at in the past year. Apparently he was very happy to spend time chatting about beer things and hung around for a brew day at one.

I'm happy to stick up for the small independent producers but I'm not sure what isn't admirable about BrewDog's success? They've had an immense influence on the industry and especially some of the most successful local breweries.

No-one else can force you to like their beer but they obviously know how to make countless quality beers.

Brewdog's success has been built on some very slick PR fakery about a couple of oh-so-cool hispters taking on the establishment and stirring up controversy and outrage. It wins them heaps of free publicity and thousands of gullible followers.

They'll set up a bar or two in Qld and import container loads of their beer which people will assume is locally brewed.

This is a big business operation masquerading as craft brewing.

The only benefit I can see is if they use their below-the-line martketing techniques to force changes to way beer is taxed here (in comparison to wine).

If you start to look at the details very little is going to be developed they are not going to build and own but lease and use crowd funding other peoples money this site was already planned for a development so whats new .

Tap take over at Brewski tomorrow.

From the EDM

Our co-founder Martin Dickie, and the team behind BrewDog Australia will be there to chat about our future plans and answer any questions you may have.

WHERE: Brewski Bar, 22 Caxton St, Brisbane City QLD 4000

WHEN: Thursday 8th Feb, 6pm onwards

And of course - THERE WILL BE BEER! We're bringing along some pretty special brews to flow from the taps and fill the fridges at one of our favourite local venues - Brewski.

Latest posts

Back