Brewday Brisbane Northside 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to drop into the market on the way and grab a couple of NC cubes. Now I don't know if the guy will be there or even have them this time, but there are 25lt food grade and once held orange juice concentrate. They will need a clean as they still contain some of the original contents, but hey he charges $5.00 each !
So if he's there and he has some, does anyone want one?

Batz

Put me down for two Batz - thanks! :icon_cheers:

Was anyone planning on bringing a CO2 gas bottle?
Hopefully I can get a swap from Brewers Choice - Chapel Hill after work 2morra.

I should have plenty... (Fingers crossed at an 85% confidence level... B) )

Add another one to the list of brewers open to heckling. Looks like I have the go-ahead to bring the gas fired double batch BIAB rig with me with the new 70L SS jobbie. Will be the first BIAB in close to 18 months... perhaps i should have Bribie on speed dial. :p

Just got to figure out how i'm going to fit it all in the car.

Yet to make a 100% commitment on what beer to make though... probably a 1066OG American Brown, since i got 9 points at last years QABC :huh: and i have a shit load of American hops at hand. But still open to suggestions.

See you all there tomoz morning.

Some of you should brew a lager for the March lagerboy night.

Batz

Add another one to the list of brewers open to heckling. Looks like I have the go-ahead to bring the gas fired double batch BIAB rig with me with the new 70L SS jobbie. Will be the first BIAB in close to 18 months... perhaps i should have Bribie on speed dial. :p

Just got to figure out how i'm going to fit it all in the car.

Yet to make a 100% commitment on what beer to make though... probably a 1066OG American Brown, since i got 9 points at last years QABC :huh: and i have a shit load of American hops at hand. But still open to suggestions.

See you all there tomoz morning.

Wow, its going to be a busy day :eek:

I'm going to drop into the market on the way and grab a couple of NC cubes. Now I don't know if the guy will be there or even have them this time, but there are 25lt food grade and once held orange juice concentrate. They will need a clean as they still contain some of the original contents, but hey he charges $5.00 each !
So if he's there and he has some, does anyone want one?

Batz

not sure if it's common knoledge but Tilkey pty ltd in 40 Norbury St Coopers Plains Qld Australia 4108
http://www.tilkey.com.au
do brand new cubes "20L" for about $8
you just have to drill the hole in the thread area

i bought a couple and they seem to be good

they also have heaps of other types of barrels etc some new some re-co

sadly i cannot make the brew day... so the SWMBO tells me :( got something else to do...

CO2 is sorted :)

I'm bringing a throw together single batch biab gas powered set up. I may have to sit on argons lap whilst we brew but I am only a little fella and dont weigh that much so all should be good. Is that 4 rigs operating? Although I wouldnt call what I am bringing a rig, it more how to brew a beer for under $0 using whats just lying around the house. I found a 100L kettle, a rambo burner, a rectal thermometer and a pillow case. What could possibly go wrong.

What times kick off winkle?

Cheers

I'm bringing a throw together single batch biab gas powered set up. I may have to sit on argons lap whilst we brew but I am only a little fella and dont weigh that much so all should be good. Is that 4 rigs operating? Although I wouldnt call what I am bringing a rig, it more how to brew a beer for under $0 using whats just lying around the house. I found a 100L kettle, a rambo burner, a rectal thermometer and a pillow case. What could possibly go wrong.

Cheers

Ford pills as the kettle finings no doubt?
Well I'm planning = power on at 10am :icon_cheers: , so if you get here at 11 am I should be awake at least <_<

Ford pills as the kettle finings no doubt?
Well I'm planning = power on at 10am :icon_cheers: , so if you get here at 11 am I should be awake at least <_<

11.00am will be closer for me or perhaps a bit later? Anyway don't do anything silly until I get there, I'll take care of that on arrival. :blink:

Looks like I won't be able to make it... still busy painting the house :-(

ok, so when you've got it right there's a job for you here :p
Don't work too hard. :icon_chickcheers:

Hey Winkle,

Want me to bring anything particular, snacks, bbq food etc etc?

I've been painting mine for the last 8 years..................not much left now :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers

Changed my mind. Won't be brewing today but will offer my advice to (distract) others.

Cheers

Not sure if I have a keg with something decent ready, will check before I leave.

If not I'll grab a few sausages and chips on the way.

I'm about to leave home, running a little late so should be there in a couple of hours.
Will grab some eggs, bacon and snags for breccy.

Batz

I've got a problem, my Tom Tom is not working !

There's no way I'm going to try to navigate through Brissy on a Saturday morning without it, I'll play with it some more but it's not looking good.
Reading a street directory and driving by myself is not something I want to do either.

Bugger the cars all packed as well :angry:

I've got a problem, my Tom Tom is not working !

There's no way I'm going to try to navigate through Brissy on a Saturday morning without it, I'll play with it some more but it's not looking good.
Reading a street directory and driving by myself is not something I want to do either.

Bugger the cars all pcked as well :angry:
Drop into caloundra a pick up the Pete2000.

Back