Brewcraft Jsaa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feral Shane

Reaction score
Well I never...... This kit isn't to bad. $31 bucks and I have two cartons of very nice beer indeed. Not quite a James Squire Amber Ale but not a bad drop. Oh well back to my garage for another bottle. :p Tomorrow I will be putting down a partial I have been wanting to do for a month.

Well I never...... This kit isn't to bad. $31 bucks and I have two cartons of very nice beer indeed. Not quite a James Squire Amber Ale but not a bad drop. Oh well back to my garage for another bottle. :p Tomorrow I will be putting down a partial I have been wanting to do for a month.
I haven't tried the Brewcraft but the ESB Ezybrew version is very close to the original.
Costs $34.

http://www.esbeer.com.au/category17_1.htm

Just ask for US-05 instead of S04 in my opinion.

+1 for the US-05.

S-04 is a very nice yeast but can give fruity flavours that aren't welcome in the USA styles that are being adopted heavily by some Aus breweries such as Little Creatures, James Squire etc.

After I bottle the partial, I might have a go at the ESB with the US-05. Thanks Chaps, now where is that bottle......

+1 for the US-05.

S-04 is a very nice yeast but can give fruity flavours that aren't welcome in the USA styles that are being adopted heavily by some Aus breweries such as Little Creatures, James Squire etc.

USA style, USA....well, I can't think of anything that rhymes with style in a sarcastic manner......

Brew how you want, and to what you want. Simple. The best beer in the world is.....what you like. Not what Judges like....not what other people like....but what you like....You are the one that will be drinking it. Brew what you like, how you like it. If you like esters, use a yeast that produces bloody esters. If not, use a shit tasteless yeast like US05....

butters, your pills

looks like es been at that 'fighting cider' again.

Give im a pint of that 'sleeping cider' thatall cure im. :lol:

Us-05 'neutral' yeast I take it was in the meaning. :D

Bugger reached my download limit for this billing period :angry:

Damn prices where I'm from suck, I payed $43 for mine. And its the only homebrew shop for miles.

Where are you JSGA ?(fill in profile)...LHBS is pricey here too..I guess its the freight to truck stuff 2500k from Perth, but Fresh Wort Kits = $60, ESB 3kg = $40....

hence me buying the Coles Coopers range!

The kit is OK, possibly quite good as far as kits go, but nowhere near as good as original JSAA (which is one of my favourite packaged beers). Actually it tastes more like a malle Bull Amber Ale,
Original JSAA is 20% crystal - how much is in the kit? Well it uses one can of amber goop. Goop is 80% solids, ie 1.2kg. But what percentage of the goop is crystal? I've got no idea, does anyone know?
BTW - I did make up this kit last year so am familiar with the taste, but now only do partial mash recipes and hope one day to go AG.

Back