Brewcalc Iphone App

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hewy

Reaction score
G'day guys,

In a moment of pure self promotion I would like to share info about my new iPhone app (it's FREE).

I am a bit of a hobbyist developed (read: nerd) and have put together a basic brew calculator for calculations I make regularly when next to the brew kettle. I regularly use Beersmith to come up with recipes and when brewing can't be bothered heading back inside my house to work out how much DME to add or what my refractometer is telling me...

As such I have come up with this app...

It has a couple of functions

- refractometer tool: converts brix to SG
- boil calc: determines how much DME or water to add to reach your desired pre-boil gravity
- IBU calc: if you don't have water or DME handy, tells you how many hops to add to you boil to hit the right IBU's

Did I mention it's FREE? Give it a go and let me know what you think.

Here is the app store link: http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/brewcalc/id476982800?mt=8

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve, downloading now. I'm sure that this'll be useful... Makes me feel like I need to put something back in to the community other than posts to this forum.

Daniel

G'day guys,

In a moment of pure self promotion I would like to share info about my new iPhone app (it's FREE).

I am a bit of a hobbyist developed (read: nerd) and have put together a basic brew calculator for calculations I make regularly when next to the brew kettle. I regularly use Beersmith to come up with recipes and when brewing can't be bothered heading back inside my house to work out how much DME to add or what my refractometer is telling me...

As such I have come up with this app...

It has a couple of functions

- refractometer tool: converts brix to SG
- boil calc: determines how much DME or water to add to reach your desired pre-boil gravity
- IBU calc: if you don't have water or DME handy, tells you how many hops to add to you boil to hit the right IBU's

Did I mention it's FREE? Give it a go and let me know what you think.

Here is the app store link: http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/brewcalc/id476982800?mt=8

Cheers
Steve

What does ios 5.0 mean

sav

You need to update your Iphones software.
Plug it in your PC with Itunes and update it there.Theres a few different changes such as camera zoom etc

Nice app Steve

Another useful function would be a FG converter that would take the OG & FG Brix readings and calculate the FG in SG.

Nice work. This is going to come in very handy indeed.

Nice app Steve

Another useful function would be a FG converter that would take the OG & FG Brix readings and calculate the FG in SG.

Yep, on the 'to do' list.

Was measuring a fermenting beer the other day and had the exact same thought!

Yep, on the 'to do' list.

Was measuring a fermenting beer the other day and had the exact same thought!

Submitted an update on Friday for imperial measurements (probably won't matter to anyone here).

I don't suppose you'll be doing an Android version?

Hi All,

v1.2 went live on the app store this morning. This update introduces the abillity to measure fermenting wort with your refractometer and get a gravity reading.
ABV estimate is also included (although not 100% accurate gives a good indication of abv).

Cheers
Hewy

Hi All,

v1.2 went live on the app store this morning. This update introduces the abillity to measure fermenting wort with your refractometer and get a gravity reading.
ABV estimate is also included (although not 100% accurate gives a good indication of abv).

Cheers
Hewy

Nice work Hewy, should be very useful.

Back