Brewalchemy For Mac...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocko

Oh Dear..
Reaction score
I am a MAC only man and have downloaded the demo of BrewAlchemy and love it!

When you pay $29.95 USD you get a code you can use to authorise 3 copys...

I know its not much to pay but does anyone wanna go thirds in a purchase??

OR even better does someone want to sell me a use of their code?

Let me know if interested, PM.

Cheers
Cocko.
:icon_cheers:

I am a MAC only man and have downloaded the demo of BrewAlchemy and love it!

When you pay $29.95 USD you get a code you can use to authorise 3 copys...

I know its not much to pay but does anyone wanna go thirds in a purchase??

OR even better does someone want to sell me a use of their code?

Let me know if interested, PM.

Cheers
Cocko.
:icon_cheers:

For a similar price, there is Beer Tools Pro for Mac.

www.beertools.com

Could very well be interested if its any good.

When you consider the amount of time, money and effort the person or persons has invested into putting this sweet little app together I don't think it's to much to fork out $29.95!

As a small design firm here, it's only Intel Macs we're using (I used Windows for many years, and it's a huge f'ing waste of time). I was initially using Beer Tools Pro, but switched to running BeerSmith in VMware Fusion. Running Beersmith is well worth the extra effort. Beer Tools was nice, but not nearly as intuitive or useful. I haven't touched Beer Tools for a long time now, even though I have a "Pro" license that's good for a year. I would very highly recommend finding a way to run BeerSmith. Use Fusion, Parallels, Bootcamp, whatever it takes.

I think it'll take a year or more for Beer Tools Pro to end up where BeerSmith is now. The biggest downside to Beersmith is having to import some of the grain profiles etc, which are freely available.

When you consider the amount of time, money and effort the person or persons has invested into putting this sweet little app together I don't think it's to much to fork out $29.95!

Yeah your right! Whats $29.95 in the scheme of things..... I just spent $50 on a f*cking tap for my kettle without a blink of an eye.....

Trevc, Thanks but.... If my MAC has to pretend to be a PC I don't want to know about it ;) Wont I get a virus :lol:

Thanks all, Ok ok I will spend the coin.....

OR Someone send me a code.
:ph34r:

I bought both Beersmith and Beeralchemy. Now that I've got everything tuned right in Beeralchemy though, I've abandoned Beersmith.

The layout is so much more friendly IMO.

Currently using BeerTools myself.

It has its issues but I think its pretty good. Used Beersmith as well and I really liked that. The inventory stuff was great. You kinew when you were starting to run low of stocks. BeerTools is currently more focused around the recipe and brew day rather than managing everything. This may change somewhat when v1.5 comes out.

A quick note to all, BeerTools 1.5 is due out in early September from memory. They sent me an email in the last few days about it.

gary.

There's apparently also a Mac-native Beersmith in the works.

Are you guys using Beer Tools for batch-sparging? I couldn't figure out any of that stuff in Beer Tools. Beersmith seemed so straight-forward in comparison, and already had a single-infusion/batch sparge profile in place.

Are you guys using Beer Tools for batch-sparging? I couldn't figure out any of that stuff in Beer Tools. Beersmith seemed so straight-forward in comparison, and already had a single-infusion/batch sparge profile in place.
Yep.

Create a sparge element, then add 'batches' via the little +- button in the top right corner of the sparge window.

I used a sample from the Beertools web site, I think, to do it. Not overly intuitive when I first tried it but now it seems obvious.

gary

Thanks. I don't think I tried that. I found the Beersmith interface more cluttered and in-your-face, but easier to figure things out.

okay ill be the first to say it.

YUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKK mac...

I see Mac OS as the lesser of two evils... there's tons of stuff about it that's crap, It's just a bit less annoying than Windows.

I've always hated the dock, and Windows does get a fair number of UI design elements right. Windows makes better use of the screen corners for things like the start menu, window close button, etc. I could go on :)

Trev, that's why using Linux is good, have it look how you want, it's waaaaaaay more stable than OS (not to mention windows haha), and it's free. So, in my mind, not only is linux the lesser of two evils, but it's actually good. I do miss having Flash and Dreamweaver readily available though, so whenever I get commissioned for website work I have to boot into windaz...

Back