Brew was short of liquid!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulabrew

Reaction score
Hi brewers

I am new at home brewing and for the last couple of batches, I have stuffed up the amount of water I put in for fermentation ie. it was short by about 4 bottles (740ml) for one brew and three bottles the other. Will this effect the beer, ie. will it be stronger or too flavoursome?
The first time I simply thought it was me miscounting but then after the second shortfall, I now am certain it was the bucket I used to fill the water in the brewing vat. A different bucket I used for a previous brew was spot on - because 30 bottles came out of it. That brew I must say, is awesome ( a Coopers real ale). I haven't tried the first shortfall brew yet because it hasn't been long enough.
Any light shed on this would be great - although I do know that I have to keep them in the dark!

cheers

You'll be fine. Your volume is down by about 10% so they'll be about 10% stronger. No problems there.

Great thanks! What I will do next time when I use the right measuring bucket, is put a mark on the brewing vat. It didn't come with level markers!

Latest posts

Back