• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Brew-on-premise For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aleworks

Reaction score
I have a complete BOP for sale, either as a freehold, turnkey operation or to be shipped to you. The business has been operating in Albany, WA since 2005. In early 2009 I started up a pilot brewery (with different gear) and have been focusing on commercial production since. Unfortunately, I have let the BOP slide since then and am now selling without goodwill; however, there are many in Albany that would like to see it continue. The successful buyer will get some really great gear and if freehold, in place, ready to go with a valid BOP license (transferable within 3-6 weeks they tell me) and a light industrial property in a great location.

The Brewery plant was designed by Rance Tuppling, who designed the original Cask brewing gear. He has since gone to work for Price-Schonstrom and has designed what he calls the, "next generation". Each kettle holds in excess of 100 litres and is steam driven by a low-pressure steam generator. There are 5 kettles in all. All the fittings are Tri-Clover, to make things very easy to assemble/disassemble.

In-line carbonation eliminates the need for carbonating kegs, I currently run about 50 standard "D" coupling, or "Flat Top" 50 litre kegs. This is especially nice because filtration and kegging can be done once a week. It also allows for a good scrub.

There is approx 100sm of 100mil thick walled cool room space, which is split into 1, 10 and 20 degree sections, all rooms can be temp adjusted to meet specific needs.

There are 3 counter pressure bottlers, that have been upgraded to run fast, (they are normally kind of slow), allowing customers to store they're brew longer.

There is lots of other gear but I won't list it all here.

The bottom line is that I am willing to sell the gear separately for $150k, which is less than half what the going rate seems to be for a quick sale. If you are interested in the turn-key BOP option and you buy the Premise, (I am unable to lease it), I will throw in the License and 40 hours of training.

The premise 400sm floor space 0n 740sm land has been valued recently by Westpac and also by 3 local commercial real estate agents and will sell to the successful buyer for around 600K.

As the premises is also for sale on it's own, time is of the essence if you want the brewery and building as a turn-key business.

List of gear and pics are available by e-mail. Send any requests to [email protected] or you can leave a question here.

AHB_Shop_Front.jpg

AHB_Sign.jpg

AHB_Kettles.jpg

AHB_Kettles2.jpg

I cant believe nobody is talking about this, sounds like a great oppurtunity

If I had a spar 600K I would jump at the chance sadly I am saving up for a NASA burner at the moment. Looks like a great little place. How much can you output?

I can tell you $150k for all this gear is cheap.

The new ones I have seen for sale have the equipment cost at about $300k.

I cant believe nobody is talking about this, sounds like a great oppurtunity

Possibly not a ton of interest because there are a lot of Brew on premise places for sale of late :ph34r:
Not many in WA though. In Queensland there's been a bucketload up for grabs, from Brissie and right up the coast.

The gear looks very good for the price though. The QLD ones were $250k for everything from memory, so someone will get a good deal.

Hopper.

If I had a spar 600K I would jump at the chance sadly I am saving up for a NASA burner at the moment. Looks like a great little place. How much can you output?

I currently have 50 kegs, about 100 fermenters and lots of cool room space so potentially you could do about 5hl per day.

AHB_Filter_Carbonator.jpg

AHB_Cold_Room.jpg

Hope you get what your after NYB, looks great. Kettles look much nicer than the u-brew-it ones.

how much to move it to a real state?

LOL, if you were not fussed about the cool rooms, it would all fit into one container and then I guess it would depend on where exactly it would be going, I'm sure Sydney would be cheaper than say Wagga.

about 5hl per day.

I never understood why brewers use the hectolitre scale, is that 500 litres?
you could use all this equipment to make a microbrewery couldnt you? 500 litres a day, heaps of different beers sounds like a dream, just the nightmare of licensing to get through

and the 150k to find

I never understood why brewers use the hectolitre scale, is that 500 litres?
you could use all this equipment to make a microbrewery couldnt you? 500 litres a day, heaps of different beers sounds like a dream, just the nightmare of licensing to get through

and the 150k to find

Yes 500 litres and I'm not sure why I'm in that habit. If you were going to start a commercial brewery you might be better off buying a small pilot brewery but if you wanted to do both or have the versatility to do a number of small batches, then sure. The licensing isn't that bad but it will take a fairly organised person a year anyway. If you employ a lawyer, maybe 6 mo. and less work. Took me two and a half years, but then I can't stand paperwork.

how many people do need to man this on a day to day basis . A year waiting for a license would kill me :icon_drool2:

how many people do need to man this on a day to day basis . A year waiting for a license would kill me :icon_drool2:

I ran the entire BOP myself, but in the last year I was able to find a good book keeper and that made a huge difference. She is only part time one or two days a week but I don't know how I was able to cope without her. So for sure someone to do the books. To get enough people through the doors to start really making some money, you will eventually need about two staff.

The license I have is transferable, so all it would take is 3-6 weeks and you just need to provide your personal particulars to the ATO.

Back