Brew Like A Monk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As if I wasn't already sold wee stu, you've convinced me and my 'obsessive compulsive disorder' to get it :p

Beers,
Doc

Just realised, getting it here in Oz three days before it is officially released is not bad service. Thumbs up to the AHA

just out of interest, is it better to read the 3rd book first, or should I start from the first released book?

I've got all 3 on their way from Amazon. I ordered them in August, was initially informed they'd be shipped October 25 and arrive November 22.

I was pleasantly surprised when I received an e-mail on Saturday informing me of my order being shipped. I'm excited at the prospect of reading the entire series!

Related to this- what books would you recommend to someone who is just starting brewing? I haven't been brewing very long, and want a book that covers info like different yeasts/malts/hops there are and how they taste, and some recipes.

Any recommendations?

John Palmers "How to Brew". The first edition is free on the web. Do a google for it.

NRB said:
I've got all 3 on their way from Amazon. I ordered them in August, was initially informed they'd be shipped October 25 and arrive November 22.

I was pleasantly surprised when I received an e-mail on Saturday informing me of my order being shipped. I'm excited at the prospect of reading the entire series!
[post="80040"][/post]​

Nice. If it is already shipping from Amazon it is cheaper for non-members of the AHA to get it from there.
Also looks like the benefit of ordering from the AHA doesn't count this time.
I will be ordering this arvo. If anyone else wants to go in on the order to save on shipping let me know before 3pm today.

Beers,
Doc

Hi Doc,

I will be keen to add to your order if that is ok.

Regards

MWS

PhilS said:
just out of interest, is it better to read the 3rd book first, or should I start from the first released book?
[post="79989"][/post]​

Really depends on where your interest lies - the first book, Farmhouse Ales, is about Saison and Bier de Garde - originally small, artisanal farmhouse brewed beers of the French and Belgium border regions.

The second is about Lambics and Geuze, wild fermented beers - not beers I can imagine brewing myself, but interesting for the informatin.

Brew Like a monk is dedicated to Trappist, Abbey and other strong Belgian Ale styles. As these are the types of Belgian beer most readily available in Australia in imagine this will be the strongest seller and most popular over time.

Thanks wee stu, I might grab Brew like a monk first then :)

That is four of us. (Hopsta, KonG, markws and myself).
Just placed the order on Amazon.

Beers,
Doc

I just ordered one from Amazon myself. Came to US$24.19 delivered. Can't wait! This should inspire me to do another Tripel......

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
I just ordered one from Amazon myself. Came to US$24.19 delivered. Can't wait! This should inspire me to do another Tripel......

Cheers - Snow
[post="80165"][/post]​

Ah wuz robbed :angry: - special discount AHA membership rate cost me US$24.50 delivered :p

Ordered 4 from Amazon this arvo for the Sydney guys. AU$27.23 delivered (Express Int'l delivery).

Beers,
Doc

wee stu said:
Snow said:

Cheers - Snow
[post="80165"][/post]​

Ah wuz robbed :angry: - special discount AHA membership rate cost me US$24.50 delivered :p
[post="80184"][/post]​

Doc said:
Ordered 4 from Amazon this arvo for the Sydney guys. AU$27.23 delivered (Express Int'l delivery).

Beers,
Doc
[post="80189"][/post]​

It wuz daylight robbery :eek:

wee stu said:
wee stu said:
Snow said:

Cheers - Snow
[post="80165"][/post]​

[post="80184"][/post]​

Doc said:

Beers,
Doc
[post="80189"][/post]​

It wuz daylight robbery :eek:
[post="80201"][/post]​

But remember you already have it.
You'll be hoping for a big accident tomorrow that kills traffic so you can read more on the tram/bus :lol:

Doc

I'm going to order "Brew like a monk" tomorrow from Amazon, anyone in Qld want to come in on the order?

Cheers Ross

Ross said:
I'm going to order "Brew like a monk" tomorrow from Amazon, anyone in Qld want to come in on the order?

Cheers Ross
[post="80213"][/post]​

Just bumping this to the top, as ordering tonight.
Just myself & Altstart at the moment...

Anyone else??

Latest posts

Back