Brew Like A Monk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im interested in the "brew like a monk" book im in depending on final price.

I'm in for a bulk buy of Brew Like a Monk. Unfortunately, my firewall at work won't allow me access to Amazon, so I will have to leave the Qld order to someone else.

- Snow

i'd be interested too - looks like we might be getting up for another Brizzy bulk buy...

tangent said:
Where did you get the Farmhouse one?
[post="74133"][/post]​

Its been seen a couple of times in Adelaide, mate.

Last sighted in Dymocks in Rundle Mall last week. Also seen in Angus & Robertson in Castle Plaza. Seems like a year ago it was impossible to find a decent beer book in the shops, now they pop up in the most unexpected places.

I was off line for most of August and so missed out on this bulk buy thread - my Brew Like a Monk is already orderered from the AHA - the Scottish in me hopes I am not paying too much :angry: .

I would be for all three books - the price looked good - but dont know what the postage is worth...

I would also be up for a copy of Brew like a Monk, if the group order happens.

Dearest bigD
whence i did quote that "grumps" urinated me in an off position, i should have in fact made it clear that it was not the store nor website nor anyone affiliated with said site or business that had pointed me off. None could be further from the truth, I just think that this is a more advanced range of contributors and I value their opinion as much as I did when i was a regular on forementioned site as a beginner.
nuff said all over red rover

last name last name

BTW, got this from the Yank brew book site:
We most definitely ship to Australia. We actually get a lot of orders down
your way. Just let us know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Bradley

Seems like there is quite a spread of people wanting the Brew like a Monk book, and others wanting others in the series.
Due to the locations of people, I really think it will be best if orders are done per city/state, so that you don't lose the benefits gained by sharing shipping.
I'm keen to order it from the AHA to get it earlier and am keen for anyone in Sydney to join the order to save on shipping.
So for Sydney people that are interested please let me know by Oct 3 when I will order them. I'd like to order earlier, but the AHA is not doing any process ordering or shipping between Sept 26-Oct 3.

Cost is US$17.95 per book. Shipping for 3 at Int Air is US$12. Shipping for 1 at Int Air is US$12. So you are basically saving on the shipping, and are getting the book quicker.

Beers,
Doc

Any Adelaidians interested in the same idea?

gday tangent
yeah i came across the thread on grumpys.appears a small comment blown outta proportion.oh well never mind.the brewing and friendship continues.
and wouldnt mind getting this book down the track.will wait for a few ahb reviews.

cheers
big d

yeah, blown out big time

i'm only really interested in the Monk book rather than the farmhouse etc.
in fact, i reckon it'd be the next best thing to a trip to Belgium!

Is anyone else a member of the AHA? I recently got an email from them saying the book is $US12.50 for members, not incl postage or handling. It also said ya can buy 2 for $US32 or all 3 for $US43. That offer doesnt state members only, and again, no postage incl. If yer after all 3 books, that could be the way to go. Save ya 10 or 12 US anyway.
All the best
Trent

is that the yank assoc?
hmmm, we need some US brewer expats to move here before their membership runs out.

Trent said:
Is anyone else a member of the AHA?
[post="79048"][/post]​

yep Trent, I am a member too

tangent said:
is that the yank assoc?
[post="79069"][/post]​

and, yes tangent it is the yank association.

In the midst of my deepest obsession with brewing, towards the end of last year, I signed up in order to get Zymurgy home delivered. Being a serial obsessive, I now have two unread copies of Zymurgy on the bedside table, but that - I suppose - is another story.

Anyway, the email doesn't say members only, but when you order through them, as I have, you do have to quote your membership number. I can only presume they check this against the membership database.

I can't recall, however, there being an embargo on the number of copies ordered. Mind you I only ordered one copy, being the selfish, single minded, Scottish tight wad my heritage demands :D

However, if members of the SA local AHB chapter want me to explore whether I can get more than one copy through the AHA channel please email me (rather than PM) and I will check it out. Don't expect an answer before Monday though, my preferred email is a Government sponsored site ;)

a true Scott!
even e-mail is too expensive!
by Jeebus the force is strong in yoooo.
:)

Mine arrived by airmail from the AHA today!!! :)

The set is now complete, all I have to do is get back into some serious brewing.

Come on wee stu. Give us more details than that.
Does it look the same quality as the other two ?
What is your initial perception of it ?

Beers,
Doc

yeah, what do you think?
is it going to be life changing like Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas or The Complete guide to MS-DOS?

Doc it is a very handsome addition to the set.

In three parts - part 1 - Brewing in Belgium, 5 chapters - over a hundred pages, tradition, brewery profiles,

Part 2 - Brewing in america :blink: - 4 chapters, about 70 pages - one chapter is about American brews in the Belgian tradition - the other 3 are more technical - looking water profiles, base ingredients etc

Part 3 - Brewing your own - 2 chapters - 55 pages - one chapter on style and a second one on recipes

I'm going to get much more from it than the Wild Brews book, which I really got as part of my obsessive compulsive disorder character :p .

Latest posts

Back